How to configure s12 to connect to freemaster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure s12 to connect to freemaster

EvaChen
Contributor I

My hardware used pin 3 (PS0)and pin4(PS1) as SCI interface ,and I configure S12ZVMLMINI software as follows figures, but I cannot connet to Freemaster with my PCB board, what should I do?

I appreciate your help.

02.PNG
04.PNG

Run the software, the module routing register show as follow.
05.PNG
06.png09.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

StanoA
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Yifan,

The FreeMASTER has two parts – one running on PC and one running on application MCU. The FM must be integrated in your application and use for example the serial link as you showed.

I suggest you to use information on our web page and follow the AN4752 on:

https://www.nxp.com/design/software/development-software/freemaster-run-time-debugging-tool:FREEMAST...

I hope it will help you to solve your task.

Best Regards,

Stano.

0 Kudos

EvaChen
Contributor I

Thank you for your help!But i still can't connect my board. Following the configuration in AN4752, I selected FMSTR_SHORT_INTR and communication interface is FMSTR_SCI_BASE 0x0710, but how can I define FMSTR_SCI_INTERRUPT? And I also referenced the case of S12ZVMx128EVB:

C:\NXP\FreeMASTER_Serial_Communication_Driver_V2.0\examples\SCI_driver_examples\HC12\S12ZVMx128EVB

The vector.c in S12ZVMx128EVB project,

11.PNG

and the vector.c in S12ZVMLMINIBRD_PMSM_SW_CW11 project, they are different.12.PNG

If I defined FMSTR_SCI_INTERRUPT 25 or 103 , the program cannot be burned.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Dear @EvaChen,

can you try an S12Z example application which is attached to this Knowledge Base article (see Attachments section)? It is over one year since it has not been updated, but it may still serve as a good start.

Also, at first, try to make the polled (no interrupt) mode working by using FMSTR_POLL_DRIVEN instead of FMSTR_xxx_INTR modes. After this will be working and you are sure your SCI settings and other things are correct, then you can enable FMSTR_SHORT_INTR and try to use interrupts.

Regards,
Michal

0 Kudos