How can I read out each device unique ID for S12G48 MCU?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I read out each device unique ID for S12G48 MCU?

csaqbz
Contributor I

Hi, guys,

Could any one tell me that how can I read out each device unique ID for S12G48 MCU? Thanks!

Labels (1)
3 Replies

yvesbriant
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

My customer (Autoliv) has the same question for S12XE and for S12Z MagniV.

Is the same information (batch, wafer number, x, y coordinates) available for these devices ?

Thanks !

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yves,

yes, the Device ID at S12XE should work the same or very similar way as on S12G.

The global address in this case is 0x40_0000 – 0x40_0007.

I hope it help you.

Regards

Radek

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The MCU has own lot tracking (Device ID; 8B at global address 0x0_4000 – 0x0_4007) which is supposed to be unique, since it is batch, wafer number, and x/y coordinates. However, I am not sure whether the lot number may repeat for example (it is always a 5digit number, and it numbers all the lots thru in the fab, not just for this part).

Unfortunately, the closer information about tracking number is not public.

The global memory from 0x0_4000 is accessible when we set NVMRES bit (MMCCTL1=0x01;) at PPAGE 0x01 and memory window 0x8000~0xBFFF.

The best solution is programming the own serial number into Program Once Field - 64B at global address 0x0_40C0 – 0x0_40FF.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------