How VLINSUP pin connect to VSUP inside of the device?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How VLINSUP pin connect to VSUP inside of the device?

zhangcindy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In section MC9S12ZVLRMV2 (Rev. 2.00 Draft F), Figure 2-21, there is VLINSUP pin. Does it connected to VSUP pin directly inside of the device? Please provide the circuit of VLINSUP to VSUP inside of device?

79489_79489.pngFigure21_1.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

jesus_sanchez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Cindy

We had to separate the LIN supply for carcassonne because VSUP might be boosted (and such cannot be used for supplying the LIN module), therefore VLINSUP and VSUP  are separated pins.

On KNOX (zvl128/32), VLINSUP is connected to VSUP directly. these are the same line.

Regards

Jesus Sanchez | Automotive Microcontroller Product Group

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Xin,

You are right, reference manual do not specify connection of VLINSUP pin.

However we could assume that VLINSUP pin is directly connected into VSUP pin. In fact, I do not see any other option, but I will check it with designers.

I suppose that documentation notes about specification of connection of VLINSUP pin are based on S12ZVM reference manual because there VLINSUP pin connection varies between S12ZVM masksets.

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
RadekS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

According confirmation from designers: For all MagniV devices if we do NOT have a boost option (zvm128, zvm32 do have this boost option) VSUPLIN is connected to VSUP. So on knox (zvl32) it is also connected to VSUP.

Best Regards

RadekS

0 Kudos