cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High current motor for S12ZVMC

jtpark
Contributor IV

Hello,

I’d like to develop 800W BLDC motor with FOC solution.
Required spec is that average current is 70A and maximum current is 80A, is S12ZVMC suitable for this applicaiton?
If yes, do you have any reference document or guide file for that?
Attached file is graph of current characteristic.
When I develop to bldc motor, what is considering point from graph?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

jtpark
Contributor IV

Dear iggi,

Can you support a high current module of S12ZVM?

I need to have solution of high current module.

How can I get the demo board?

Please help for this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

zip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi J.T.

S12ZVM is suitable for that kind of application. Currently we are working on power board based on MCU S12ZVMC. Nominal supply voltage 12V. Maximum output current 75Arms. Achieved efficiency rougly 92%. Unfortunetly the official papers are not out yet. As a starting point for you can be schematic of the S12ZVMC EVB. 

http://www.nxp.com/assets/downloads/data/en/schematics/S12ZVMC12EVBCAN_SCH.pdf

An adjustment of the power bridge will be needed and of course reverse battery protection circuit. For example:

HC_BRIDGE.jpg

For this board we are using "ICEBERG" PCB technology to increse current capability of the power traces.

HC_EVB.jpg

jtpark
Contributor IV

Dear iggi,

Thank you for your reply.
You mentioned that it will be ready in Q1'17, but this schedule is a little late for the customer.

Would you please provide HW&SW guide file for 800Watts solution first?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

JT Park

0 Kudos

iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi J.T.

The S12ZVMC is suitable for 200+ Watt motor control applications. 800Watts seems to be quite high, but the MCU can be suitable if the HW&SW desing is well done.
There is a demoboard with S12ZVM device and our team is testing motor control application with 100A current. More details are yet to come, most probably not by end of this year but in Q1/17.

Have a great day,
iggi

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos