cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIS SGF25 Flash Driver for HCS12X v1.0 : compatibility with MC9S12xEP100

lak
Contributor I
Hi all,
I had downloaded the above executable flash drivers from the freescale website earlier and they are working fine on my MC9s12xDP512 part board. These are available under Software & Tools category in the S12xD page and described as HCS12XSGF25SSD

However, I need to know whether the same  drivers work for MC9s12xEP100 target with a 1meg flash capacity.

I have tried to test the same and could not get beyond the InitFlash() call. It seems it is endlessly executing in the EraseFlash routine.

please advise me if these drivers are compatible with this device.

with regards,
Lak
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

dgill
Contributor I
I am having the exact same problem, and from what I can tell, the drivers do not work with the XE parts.  The SSD User's Manual shows which registers are affected by each of the different functions.  Between the XD and XE parts many of these registers are different.  For example if you look at the flash and eeprom control registers for the XD and XE side by side many of them are not even at the same address.  Since these addresses are hard-coded (I think) into the SSD functions, they are not going to work.

However, I have been unable to find any drivers for the XE parts.  If anyone knows where to find them and/or if they exist any help would be wonderful.

Thanks.
0 Kudos

lak
Contributor I
I was on vacation for a while before I could read your message.
If you still have the issue open, this might help you
For the drivers, freescale confirmed me that the flash drivers are different for XE family as the flash technology and composition is different.
I am not sure if the SSD drivers for XE family have already been loaded in their product pages.
I suggest you to raise a technical request to freescale asking for the XE family SSD drivers, that is how I did and the drivers are working well for MC9S12xEP100.

0 Kudos