cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMaster on TOMAR (S12VR) with CodeWarrior IDE 5.9

carlocurotto
Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I'm using the tomar microcontroller S12VR form my application. About few month ago I have installed FreeMaster in order to debug and plot in the time some variables.

First time I have used Freemaster scope but now I would like use the recorder in my application using the BDM connection (USB multilink interface PE Micro) because the SCI0 (LIN channel) is already used.

The Scope view is to slow.

Process Expert is not supported.

I added all src_common files in my project.

I added freemaster.h, freemaster_cfg.h, freemaster_HC12.c and .h

After that I have called the function FMSTR_Init() for the initialization of freemaster and in the main loop the following function  FMSTR_Recorder() FMSTR_Poll(), no more on this side

On Freemaster program I have set the communication  as shown in the file bdmConnection attached.

Now if I try the Recorder, Freemaster shows me the following message "the hardware recorder could not be initialised. Error 0x80000081 (Invalid Comman).

Can you help me. 

7 Replies

petrfajmon-b173
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi carlocurotto

I do not have any TOMAR (S12VR) EVB in my hand, but I have tryied on S32K148 EVB (the PacketDriven BDM communication principle is the same). Your setup seem to me be correct. After finding correct Packet Buffer Address (in my case for S32K148 device it is 0x0200042b8, in your project it is 0x3d12):

pastedImage_3.jpg

After pressing "Test Connection" button you should see following message: 

pastedImage_6.jpg

pastedImage_7.jpg

Board Descriptor for my EVB is "S32xx FreeMASTER" in for your Tomar project you should see "HC(S)12(X) FreeMASTER" response.

Your freemaster_cfg.h file indicates me that you are using older version of the embedded FreeMASTER. The latest version can be found here: FreeMASTER Communication Driver  Try to update your FreeMASTER driver files in your CodeWarrior project.

Best Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

petrfajmon-b173
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi carlocurotto‌,

Diana is right, if you would like use Recorder features using BDM communication you have to select Packet Driven BDM communication instead of pure BDM and configure it on PC side:

pastedImage_1.png

and configure it:

pastedImage_2.png

as well as on embedded side in the freemaster_cfg.h file:

pastedImage_3.png

Best Regards,

Petr

0 Kudos

carlocurotto
Contributor II

Dear Petr,

thanks for your feed back

I have tried with your suggestion and I set Freemaster as following:

1) press Configure: choose HC12

2) Search Address (without check the box Usage memory scan...) -> find address 0x3d12

3) test Connection --> fail error 0x80000100

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

I have tried with test all configuration of this panel but the result is always the same.

Can you help me again?

BR

Carlo

0 Kudos

carlocurotto
Contributor II

Dear Diana 

thank for your answer.

I put in Freemaster the file map (abs) and I used the scope successfully.

With the recorder instead I have the following problem.

problem.jpg

Best Regards

Carlo

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlo,

The high-level protocol features of FreeMaster Recorder are NOT available with BDM. In order to use such features over the BDM, use Packet Driven BDM Plug-in with FreeMASTER Serial Driver running on the target side.

On the link above is chapter 1.2.1 Going Around UART and SCI:pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Diana

carlocurotto
Contributor II

Hi Diana,

I have already installed the packet and I use it as described in my first message.

BR

Carlo

0 Kudos

dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carlo,

Did you choose in the FreeMaster MAP file?

Go to Project -> Options -> Communication -> MAP Files

Do you use Recorder?

See chapter Adding a Recorderhttps://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-328113 

Or below link, chapter 4.1.1.3 Recorder, there you can see Recorder properties.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/FMSTERUG.pdf?&fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%20Guides&WT_VENDOR=FREESCA... 

If not help, could you send me the screen of your error?

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos