Does PP5 can output high in S9ZVL32MLC?

spec:VSSX need available,what's mean?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the mask set of the32 and 48 pin device is the same so vssx2 has no influence on output function of the pin.

lama_0-1668014274700.png

Vddx = 3.3V

lama_1-1668014274701.png

What is connected to the pin? Have you checked the schematic design?

Have you checked the SW for pin setup?

Where the ctm measures the pin? It can be routed to PJ0 in the case the MODRR1_PWM5RR is set to 1.

Do they measure it at correct pin? (also happened)

Could you please check PWM function at the pin whether it is working? It is also output function and if it does not generates signal then the pin is damaged.

Best regards,

Ladislav

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

the mask set of the32 and 48 pin device is the same so vssx2 has no influence on output function of the pin.

lama_0-1668014274700.png

Vddx = 3.3V

lama_1-1668014274701.png

What is connected to the pin? Have you checked the schematic design?

Have you checked the SW for pin setup?

Where the ctm measures the pin? It can be routed to PJ0 in the case the MODRR1_PWM5RR is set to 1.

Do they measure it at correct pin? (also happened)

Could you please check PWM function at the pin whether it is working? It is also output function and if it does not generates signal then the pin is damaged.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos
jingfang
Contributor IV

32pin has 2 kinds of package.

FM 32QFN PP5 is ok;

LC 32LQFP :

IC TypeEngineer AEngineer B

Mark

S9S12ZVL32MLCcan output highcan't output high/PWMEngineer B did the experment today.
S9S12ZVL32CLCcan't output high

can't output high/PWM

The voltage measured by a multimeter is 0.9V

PP3 can output high ,PP3 jumper to pp5 line, LED can be nomally lit (note the perpheral loop is OK)but the pin is very hot.

So I suspect 32LQFP does not have VSSX2,PP3/PP5 output will damage the pin.

I don't know if that's right?

pic(8).png

0 Kudos
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am a little bit confused of your doubts.

PP5 is a standard GPIO pin which can be set as I/O and in the output mode can be set to logic levels 0/1.

The only additional feature is that It can drive higher current to 0 in output mode for some derivatives.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos
jingfang
Contributor IV

On the client's board, PP5  can't be set as high.

Is there anything I can try?

0 Kudos
lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

If you go through datasheet with the keyword PP5 search results, I believe you will understand, that it says about current possibilities of the pin PP5. Similar condition is related to also other pins. Some of the devices do not contain VSSX2 pin which limits the current load flowing from outside to the MCU via PP5. If you use exceeded current to the pin then the electromigration can cause destroying of the supply wires. (ticking time bomb)

Yes, PP5 can also be used as output pin with current possibilities given by data sheet. The current (+)/(-) means flowing to/out_of the pin.

As you can see PP5 can supply(-) in output mode only -10mA load (current flows from MCU to the load). PP7 is able to supply in output mode -20mA. The PP5 is more immune for current flowing to the MCU (+) if the MCU contains also VSSX2 pin.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos
jingfang
Contributor IV

It's been checked out.The hardware lay wrong.

0 Kudos