Does GCC support freescale s12gx series controller?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does GCC support freescale s12gx series controller?

Jump to solution
janb
Contributor I

I am using s12gxx series in project.currently i am working with code warrior in windows as ide.

I to use gcc for s12gxx controller . can anyone help me for this?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CodeWarior for HC12 V5.1 is not using GCC tool chain but Freescale tool chain. By default when you create a project with the project wizard the Freescale Tool chain is used. Do you want to use another compiler than Freescale ? In this case I don't think CodeWarrior is good solution. The CodeWarrior IDE was not really designed to use external compiler. It's possible to use external debugger. The Compiler used by CW for HC12 dev tool is Freescale copyright. The doc is available under the installation in the \Help\PDF folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lundin
Senior Contributor IV

There was an attempt to make a GCC port for the old 68HC12, but I don't think anyone has worked on that project during the past 10 years. It is most likely going to be of questionable quality.

If you don't want to use the Codewarrior compiler, the only serious alternatives are the commercial ones such as IAR, Cosmic etc.

jsmcortina
Contributor III

Gcc can be used to build code for hc11, s12, s12x. Xgate assembler is supported too.

See http://www.msextra.com/tools

I use it most days with s12c64 and s12xep100.

James

0 Kudos
iggi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The CodeWarior for HC12 V5.1 is not using GCC tool chain but Freescale tool chain. By default when you create a project with the project wizard the Freescale Tool chain is used. Do you want to use another compiler than Freescale ? In this case I don't think CodeWarrior is good solution. The CodeWarrior IDE was not really designed to use external compiler. It's possible to use external debugger. The Compiler used by CW for HC12 dev tool is Freescale copyright. The doc is available under the installation in the \Help\PDF folder.

0 Kudos