cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debugger EEPROM-Read S12ZVML128

axel_hubner
Contributor I

Hi,

we are using PE-Micro Multilink Universal for Debugging in our development.

When we read the EEPROM in the memory-view in Codewarrior the first 72 bytes of the EERPOM will be returned as zero even when data is written into the memory area.

When we use the Onboard-Debugger of the S12ZVML12EVBLIN Eval-Board the EEPROM is returned correctly. For tests we use the BDM interface of the EVAL-Board and connect with a Multilink Universal Debugger and wrong data is read (0x00).

The Bus-clock is configured to 50 Mhz, the FCLKDIV to 0x31.

Are there any known bugs or special debugger settings necessary to read the EEPROM?

Eeprom_After_Erase_and_Program_Then_Connect.PNG

Regards

Axel

3 Replies

pbouten
Contributor II

I have the same issue as mentioned in Debugger EEPROM-Read S12ZVML128 since I use:

CodeWarrior for MCU
Version: 11.1
Build Id:181224

Never experienced the problem in previous versions.

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

ups, I see I ansewered something different previously.

I do not know, what could be wrong..I'll report it but you can use another option to view memory....

go to option:     Window->Show View -> Memory Browser

The difference address 0xFE0000:
pastedImage_1.png

The difference address 0x100000:

pastedImage_3.png

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos

lama
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Axel Hubner, 

Yes, there is a rule which has to be met.
The flash or EEPROM block is not allowed to be read while the part of it is being erased or written. So, you are no allowed to have memory block in the window of the debugger when you step the code which performs E/W. (It causes flash process error)
There could be different timing of memory read action between OSBDM and Pemicro USB BDM which makes difference in processing and data visualization.I believe this is the reason.

Best regards,

Ladislav

0 Kudos