Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootloader for Serial (UART) flashing of MC9S12xDP512

Jump to solution
santhoshsl
Contributor III

Hello All,

we are using MC9S12xDP512 controller for our project. Currently we are using Softec and P&E tools to flash our .s19 files.

But we need to develop an UI or application for PC which communicated through UART to our controller and this Application will have options to read and write FLash or EEProm.

So can you please let me know if there are any bootloaders (open source) available for this flashing through UART.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In attachment you can find slightly modified Gordon’s bootloader include short introduction, conversion tool and demo application.

I hope it helps you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
GordonD
Contributor IV

Santhosh,

I've attached a CW Classic project for an S12XDP512 bootloader that I wrote a number of years ago. No guarantees, but the code is fairly well commented.

Best Regards,

Gordon

santhoshsl
Contributor III

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for your code. Its nice and giving me direction to code for my requirement. I am going through code and once I test the same, will let you know the update.

I was out of station for few days, so the delay in my response. Sorry for this.

Regards

Santhosh S L

0 Kudos
RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

In attachment you can find slightly modified Gordon’s bootloader include short introduction, conversion tool and demo application.

I hope it helps you.

0 Kudos
santhoshsl
Contributor III

Hello Radek,

Thanks for this support and sorry for delay in my reply (had not internet connection for few days).

I have compiled the code and will test the same and let you guys know the update.

Regards

Santhosh S L