Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AN4258 bootloader on S12XEP100

Jump to solution
FrankZy
Contributor I

Hello everyone!

Recently, I have tested AN4258 on MCS12XEP100.I used hyperterminal recommended by the documentation,and I follow the instructions in the documentation step by step . Everthing works fine until it comes to steps 7 and 8 ,“Type “ b ” to program the flash” . I have typed "b" in the hyperterminal ,and the converted S19 file was selected, but nothing happened ,the software becomes stuck but nothing new is displayed in the window .However,when I disconnect, the software window displays some random strings .

Does anyone know what to do about it?

Thanks in advance !

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Since the PARTID "0xCC95" is newer than the AN4258, I suggest adding this PARTID into the code.

So, you can create a new #define in PartID.h which belongs to //S12XE 1024k flash. And add this case into this functions "static UINT8 EraseFlash(void)" and "static UINT8 ProgramFlash(void)"

(According to RM, "0xCC95" is related to 1N35H and 0N35H maskset.)

I hope ti helps.

Best regards,

Diana

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you, please, check the maskset of your device? "The list of the currently supported mask sets and part IDs can be found in the file PartID.h in the bootloader project."

Thank you.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
FrankZy
Contributor I

Hello Diana,

Yes , I have noticed the pard ID before . When I type "a" in the hyperterminal , the window displays the string "Unknown Part ID" . So I went to check the screen prints on the device , and the mask set is "5M48H" which can be found  in the file PartID.h .So , I  still  don't know how to solve the problem.

Thank you for your reply and look forward to receiving your further suggestions!

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Thank you for your details.

This is probably the root cause of your issue and we should find out why PARTID is not recognized.

Could you, please, debug the code and check what is the value of PARTID?

dianabatrlova_0-1608037833000.png

Thank you.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos
FrankZy
Contributor I

Hello ,

Thank you for your advice !

Follow your advice, I have debugged another code and find the value of PARTID is "0xCC95" which doesn't match the mask set number "5M48H" on the device.

Can you show me what to do next?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
dianabatrlova
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Since the PARTID "0xCC95" is newer than the AN4258, I suggest adding this PARTID into the code.

So, you can create a new #define in PartID.h which belongs to //S12XE 1024k flash. And add this case into this functions "static UINT8 EraseFlash(void)" and "static UINT8 ProgramFlash(void)"

(According to RM, "0xCC95" is related to 1N35H and 0N35H maskset.)

I hope ti helps.

Best regards,

Diana

0 Kudos