Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid IoT 8700 project

nxf45251
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi!
I am trying to run a simple code to display accelerometer value on Z-axis. However, I have been unsuccessful in displaying the value on the Rapid IoT screen. I repeated the same with MP3115 which is the pressure sensor and was able to display the pressure. I am wondering if any of my settings are wrong. I have attached the .atmo file for reference.

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Yestina

0 Kudos
3 Replies

nxf45251
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sebastian!

Thank you!
Yes I tried with the .bin file you sent me and I can see the X, Y, Z accel values as a vector. I have an observation though. I previously tried Get Accelerometer Data and did not work for me.Looking at your .atmo file, I see that one of the settings is different in comparison to my implementation. For the FXOS8700 settings, I put in "Accelerometer Data Read" under the tab "Triggers". In your .atmo file, I see that the option of "Triggered" is selected. Why so? How can I determine this in the future projects I might do? I did not find anything in the tool user guide. Where can I get more info on this?

Also, what does it mean when you say printing individual value has not been implemented? Is there anything I can do from my side to make it work?

Thank you for your help!
-Yestina

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yestina,

The trigger option means that each time the sensor will read every time the interval triggers it, instead of every Accelerometer Data Read. To read more information about the way triggers work, and Rapid IOT studio in general,  you can read the Atmosphere Developers Documents, as Rapid IOT studio is based on the Atmosphere Online IDE.

The Atmosphere documentation can be found here.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yestina, I hope you're doing well!

Could you try using the "Get Accelerometer Data" option instead of the Get X/Y/Z value? Printing the individual X/Y/Z does not seem to be implemented, but you can print the whole 3D Float as a vector directly to the screen by using the Get Accelerometer Data option.

Does that work for you?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos