cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rapid IOT Studio and I2C interfacing

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III
Hi, 
I have been reading about how to create a new EEL element so as to import it into IoT Studio, still I find it confusing on how to port the C code into the "driver, element and ability code". Is there any other reference I might be missing apart from GitHub.
Attached are the files from the manufacturer to interface the impedance analyzer in C.
Thank you.
Best,

Alejandro
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Yes there is a way.

You can import your own elements in Studio. See:

https://developer.atmosphereiot.com/documents/studioelements/importingelements.html

You will have to create  your own element code and import it in the studio.

There is an example Under GitHub in the page reference above.

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your reply !

I intend to link via I2C the NXP Rapid IoT to my IC and sensor, and I want to have the phone app and the could support. For this project, would you say that using MCUxpresso is better than the Rapid IoT Studio ?

Thanks again.

Best,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It will depend on how you are used to develop and how complex it's your design, if you are just starting with the kit, I would recommend you to do it with the rapid IoT studio and if you find that the Rapid IoT  studio it's not enough for your project needs, you can always export your current Rapid IoT studio project to the MCUXpreso IDE and finish it in that one.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hi Estephania,

Thanks for your email.

I understand that the design cannot be re exported into Design Studio once it is done with MCUXpresso, right ?

On another note, I was reading about getting the code for a new I2C IC to work with it in Design Studio, and it does not look simple at all.

If I write everything in MCUXpresso, is it possible to have the iphone app and cloud support as with Design Studio ?

Thank you.

Best,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Do you mean to develop the application and the cloud support with MCUXpresso?

Regards

0 Kudos

alejandro_abrah
Contributor III

Hello,

Yes, I mean to develop the MCU code with MCUXpresso, but I am not sure how to develop the phone app and link the cloud support.

Thanks,

Alejandro

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can find some examples in the community, could you please check this one ? 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342336 

I believe that must be something that you can use as a base for your own applications.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos