Problems with demo projects in NXP studio (Rapid IoT Prototyping Tool)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with demo projects in NXP studio (Rapid IoT Prototyping Tool)

europevideo
Contributor II

Hi,

I try to use some demo projects in nxp-rapid-iot-studio. For example; Weather station demo, out of the box demo, control LED over BLE demo etc.

If i compile those examples and download the file and drop it in my device, non of them work (including the 'out of the box demo').

When i try to provision those demo projects the hang for ever on 'Provisioning device, please wait....'.

I have just one project that works, that is the 'out of the box demo' that Eric Maurice (NXP) uploaded on 18-march 2019 see Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware.bin 

Second problem is that nothing works in Atmosphere i always get 'An error occured while provisioning the device'

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advange,

Hans Volbeda

0 Kudos
26 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Apologies for delayed answer -  I am travelling those days.

With the information provided I do not understand what happens meaning the pb is likely not on the kit side.

In your exchanges with Sebastian, I understood you removed all previously provisioned devices from your account.

==> Can you confirm ? 

You have to be aware that you cannot have more than 5 devices provisioned in the free Studio version. (See capture below, at this stage i have none provisioned)

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Hi Eric,

Before i try anything, i remove my device from the studio and / or app. I have only one file,  which I received earlier from you, this one https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342913 that i can provision.

So i can only provision one device max.

Before i compile and download  an example from the studio i remove the previous provisioning.

Thanks in advance,

Hans.

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

I consider getting your kit replaced but I fear the kit is ok and the problem is linked to somethingelse not nailed down yet. Using a brand new kit will help telling.

Eric

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Eric,

is it not possible that my NPX account is corrupt or something like that?

If so perhaps you can delete my account on your server and after that i make a new account?

Or is this nonsens?

Greetings Hans.

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Eric,

I'm still waiting for an answer....
Best regards,

Hans
0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hans,

I am checking your account and looking for reset your account.

I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II
Hi,

I'm still waiting....
Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hans,

I sent you a direct message. We restart your rapid IoT account.

Could you please let me know if you still have this issue?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

I was in the hospital and couldn't respond, now I'm back. The restart of my rapid iot account 
has not helped. It still does not work. In the meantime I gave up, it never worked and it 
takes too much time to continue. Thanks for all the help.
regards,
Hans Volbeda
0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Hans,

I hope you are safe and everything is good.

Please accept our apologies, the development tools for RapidIOT are in the process of being fully migrated to the online atmosphereiot.com IoT IDE. 

The example projects have also been migrated to Atmosphere Studio and can be found by searching for NXP Rapid IoT on the Demo Projects page.

The mobile applications for iOS and Android are also being replaced by the Atmosphere IoT app, available for both iOS and Android.

Sorry for the inconvenience that this may cause you.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans, I hope you're doing well!

I tried to replicate your issue, but had no problems compiling, downloading and running the Out of Box Demo example application provided in IOT Studio.

I also tried with the bin file in the community post you linked, and I was able to run it in the Rapid IOT kit.

Could you please take a look at our Rapid IOT Getting Started Guide to see if the process you're following to program the device is being executed correctly?

Please let me know if you have any more issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Sebastian,

I did follow the steps here Rapid IOT Getting Started Guide, but as i said in my remarks provisioning is never ending, only this one works Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware.bin 

Even if i make my own project in rapid iot studio  from a blank sheet with one button connected to one led and i compile / save it and download the binairy and drop it in the device, provisioning never stops.

- I did try different browsers, Chrome and Edge but that didn't help.

- I did try another computer that didn't work too.

- I use Android 8.1.0

- App 1.2.8

Perhaps you can give me the exported (atmo) file form this Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware.bin  for me working example so i can import it in rapid iot studio and  search what is different with the studio examples.

I hope you can help me

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

Could you please provide a test .atmo project so I can try it on my side? I was able to compile a simple button and LED project and could connect to it successfully using the Rapid IOT android application. I provided the test project and binary in a ZIP file.

Also, do you have previous connections in the Rapid IOT App? If so, could you please try deleting the previous connections and trying to connect to the device again?

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Sebastian,

Thanks for the response. i trew your TestLed.bin in my device try to provision it but it does not show up in Add Device.

I imported your TestLED.atmo in the studio and compiled it, downloaded the bin file, dropped it in my device and this time it did show up in Add Device, try to provisioning it but it hangs forever on "Provisioning device, please wait".

Also, do you have previous connections in the Rapid IOT App? I am not shure what you mean here, i have only one project that will provision and work and if i try for example your LED project i first remove the previous provisoning.

I did remove the app and reinstalled it to make sure that i had the same log in data as with the website. 

is it possible that it has to do with these previous problems and solutions? Device broken i did reflash the rpk_kw41z_hybrid.bin there, i mean that your provisioning server only knows the old one?.

Thanks in advance,

Hans

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

Could you please let me know whether you're using Atmosphere Studio or Rapid IOT Studio to import and compile the example projects?

I generated additional binaries, could you please try downloading them to your Rapid IOT kit?

Please let me know if they work.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Sebastian,

Thanks for the response,

I only use NXP Rapid Iot Studio, because I have one working project. In Atmosphere nothing works by me.

-Weather Station Demo firmware;              does not show up in Add Device.

-Rapid IoT Kit Out-of-Box Demo firmware; does not show up in Add Device.

pastedImage_2.jpg

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

Is it possible for you to record a video showing the process you're following step by step? From the moment you import an example project, to compiling, downloading and transferring the binary file to the Rapid IOT kit.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Sebastian,

The binary files you send me don't work. (The only one that works is the modified one that Eric Maurice posted.)

The only thing i do with them is drop them in my device, so no studio involved. (page 27-28 of the user guide, Mass Storage drive).

Then i try to provisioning them (to see the Application on my tablet) in my app and that is not working.

The screen 'Add Device' i sent you in the previous post stays there for ever.

This is the Weather Station Demo firmware.bin you sent me.

Sorry for moving i record it by hand with my phone

Best regards,

Hans

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

Could you please try deleting all your devices from both the website and the Android application?

Also, could you please try deleting and redownloading the android application from the Google Play Store?

After doing that, could please try connecting to your device again?

If that still doesn't work, you may have to re-flash the kboot for the KW41Z. To do this, you will need to have a  Docking Station so that you can select the KW41Z as the debug MCU.

For instructions on how to re-flash the kboot, could you please check section 4.1.5 of the Rapid IOT Prototyping Tool User's Guide, here?

Could you also try restoring the factory application for the KW41Z, as explained in section 4.1.2?

Please let me know if you still have issues.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Sebastian,

Could you please try deleting all your devices from both the website and the Android application? I did this every time you asked met to try a binary you sent me.

Also, could you please try deleting and redownloading the android application from the Google Play Store? I did this every time you asked met to try a binary you sent me.

I have reflashed the rpk_kw41z_hybrid (the one Eric Maurice sent me) this did not solve the provisioning problem.

Could you also try restoring the factory application for the KW41Z, as explained in section 4.1.2? I did with the attached binary  this did not solve the provisioning problem.

It seems to me we are running around in circles, since I bought this device (July 2018) it has never worked properly so I am starting to lose confidence.

Can you please tell me why this binary works by me and send me the ATMO file of this one? Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware.bin then i can find out by myself why the other ones are not working...

Thanks in advance (and all your time),

Hans.

0 Kudos