Problems with demo projects in NXP studio (Rapid IoT Prototyping Tool)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with demo projects in NXP studio (Rapid IoT Prototyping Tool)

europevideo
Contributor II

Hi,

I try to use some demo projects in nxp-rapid-iot-studio. For example; Weather station demo, out of the box demo, control LED over BLE demo etc.

If i compile those examples and download the file and drop it in my device, non of them work (including the 'out of the box demo').

When i try to provision those demo projects the hang for ever on 'Provisioning device, please wait....'.

I have just one project that works, that is the 'out of the box demo' that Eric Maurice (NXP) uploaded on 18-march 2019 see Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware.bin 

Second problem is that nothing works in Atmosphere i always get 'An error occured while provisioning the device'

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks in advange,

Hans Volbeda

0 Kudos
26 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Hans,

Sorry to read that you are having pbs once again.

The OOB 'deployed' esample is publicly signed = not attached to a specific user. Anybody with a Rapid IoT mobile app could connect to this device.

All other binaries you are generating within the studio are signed for the user account who genereated the .bin. During the provisionning, a check is perfomed to verify that the mobile app user account matches the user account used to generate the .bin.

From all the trials mentioned above in this thread, I do not suspect any HW issue at this stage, simply because the deployed version works as expected. 

For sure if Sebastian générâtes a .bin, provide it to you so you flash it into a Rpid IoT, you will not be able to provision.

I am nevertheless struggling to explain why no example is working when you generate the .bin yourself.

There is a log of events available when plugging the kit to a PC via USB and opening a console (Teraterm for example).

==> Could you record a log for a simple application (Led over BLE) that you would generate, flash and try provisioning?

As indicated,  make sure the accounts used for studio and mobile are same - I expect it was already the case, but just in case...

Using Teraterm, restore set-up from .ini attached to capture log or:

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Eric,

I  started Tera Term, in NXP studio i compiled the Control LED with app over BLE Demo firmware example and downloaded it, droped it in my device, tried to provision it but that never ended so no further activity in the log at the end.

Greetings from a rainy Amsterdam,

Hans

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thx 

As you can see in your log, something wrong happens around the project UUID:

Stored Build UUID: 5c3348ce-f766-4d53-990f-847d9e56f630

Current Build UUID: 634b22ce-b332-41dc-a1bError opening file ota_complete

Uuid Match 0 Boot After OTA: 0

Wiping Flash

Those 2 should match - I cannot explain yet why it is not the case on your device. Now this is what is preventing you from provisionning. To help me further putting a diagnosis on what is going wrong exactly, could you check for that very same project which is 'the correct' ID by checking project info in the studio ? (Or reading the http addess completely?)

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Eric,

I see it in the working Rapid IoT Kit Out Of Box Demo (Deployed) firmware log.

In the studio i did open and compiled the project again, dropped it in my device while recording the attached LOG

The project info belongs to this LOG.

See Appendix,

Greetings, Hans

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry Hans, in your Control LED log I am missing the steps where you try provisionning. 

Can yuo capture the log again when trying to provision so we check what happens on the kit side ? 

Thx

0 Kudos

europevideo
Contributor II

Eric,

Provisioning ends with GAPConnectionEventConnectedIndication then it hangs.

Greetings Hans.

0 Kudos