Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not seeing Rapid IoT over BLE

jaycanteenwala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q posted on behalf of Joe Benco

Is anyone familiar with the Rapid IoT Kit Bluetooth not working? I’ve been playing with mine and it all operates as expected except the phone app never sees the Rapid IoT device. I’ve turned on the Bluetooth on the device and I’ve re-installed the app. Not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
8 Replies

javierasolorzan
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi ericocasio‌ and theophileleroy‌,

Can you please help josephbenco‌ with his question above regarding connecting to the phone app via his smart phone Samsung Galaxy S9?

Please refer to details of the issue above that he communicated to Jay.

Thank you,

Javier

0 Kudos

jaycanteenwala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Joe

Appreciate your patience – you can post your reply here I’m going to post the email below on the community

1)To identify the root cause problem we need some more information :

• What is the setup (phone: iOS/android version, model,…)
  • ID and Mac address of the Rapid IoT

As I mentioned on the community, your issue sounds like:

• outdated firmware, old production unit

2) Do you have a Hexiwear docking station? If so you can try re-flashing the default binaries (user-guide video):

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342112
https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342183

0 Kudos

marioarh
Contributor I

Hi, can you provide the latest BIN Code, which i can Drag & Drop on the Mass Storage Device?

I think i found the problem.

Thanks Mario

0 Kudos

josephbenco
Contributor I

Hi Mario, I'm uncertain if you are asking Jay to provide the bin code because you have the same issue, or if you are asking me to provide my bin to somehow help me with my issue. If it is the latter, how do I attach the bin file?

Joe

0 Kudos

josephbenco
Contributor I

Hi Jay, thank you for your assistance with this. 

I do not have the wrapper with the date code, sorry. I have the original box, but no info on it. I received the unit in August 2018 (at Arrow's ACT training in Denver).

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9
Rapid IoT App: Version 1.2.3, Updated on Jan 22, 2019

Rapid IoT 

ID: 410482029406069B

M: 0060370000127C03

Another FAE was able to connect with his Samsung Galaxy S8 with the same version of the App, so that is telling It would seem to indicate a Bluetooth issue with the app running on the S9.

I do not have a Hexiwear docking station.

Joe

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joseph

The test log of your kit out of manufactuing center indicates it was tested fully ok when being shipped. Which is expected.

Re reading your post I overlooked an important detail:

If another FAE has provisionned your kit and did not revoke the provisionning, you will not be able to see it in your mobile app.

2 options if this is the root cause of your pb:

- Ask your colleague to revoke provisionning from his phone

- Install a new FW on the kit, with a different UID. 

You can get a new FW from the studio (compile and download)

0 Kudos

josephbenco
Contributor I

Hi Eric, thank you for responding. It is true that another FAE was able to provision with his phone, but this was after many attempts on my part, doing the exact same procedure. I have downloaded new firmware to the device many times (don't know if I compiled every time). I'll try this again and let you know. 

When I first got this kit in August 2018 I provisioned with a different phone than what I have now, so maybe this could be the issue, but it doesn't explain why another person's phone could provision.

I'll try few more things and let you know (but I'm not hopeful). The problem seems to follow the Galaxy S9.

Joe

0 Kudos

jaycanteenwala
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe,

The first question is what is the date code on your Rapid IoT . This is on the wrapper if you still have it " DATE: 1833".D o you  recall when (what month)you received the kit?  It's possible that if it's a pre-production kit then the Authentication  device does not have updated firmware. 

Jay

0 Kudos