cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFC

m_ludwig
Contributor I

Hello,

i find not a canvan for the NFC and I2C - Chip?

An how, i can find die API Button?

Best regards

ML

3 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not fully sure to understand your question. 

Do you want code examples on the usage of the NFC tag embedded in Rapid IoT or are you referring to Rapid IoT Studio environment ?

Same for I²C: do you want use I²C to control devices connected to Rapid IoT and therefore looking for code example or are you refering to Rapid IoT studio?

For your information the NFC tag element will be released in the coming week in Rapid Iot Studio. You will then be able to write information into the tag and read it with a mobile phone equipped with NFC reader

m_ludwig
Contributor I

Hello Eric,

at first i need codes examples or better a canvans for the NFC tag an the I2C for the online tool Rapid IoT, see below https://rapid-iot-studio.nxp.com 

The next setp is to write the code with the MCUX Expresso Studio, for this i need also code for the NFC tag and the I2C.

I look in the Rapit IOT Studi but nothing will be released, now.

Do you have some exsamples code for me?

Best regards

ml

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

NFC tag element is to be released this week if no last minute issue is popping up. We are finalizing the server upgrade as we speak. You will then have access to the NFC tag element and we will provide a project example for you to rapidly understand how it can be used. 

I am not clear why you would need I²C element specifically, as the idea of using elements and Rapid IoT Studio is to 'hide' this complexity for users so they do not have to take care of managing I2C bus.

For example if you open the Weather Station demo project and check the Temperature/Humidity characteristics:

you will note that the temperature sensor has a preset I2C address corresponding to the hardware wiring inside the kit as on following screenshot:

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

This means that Rapid IoT studio is acutally managing and generating the code for you so that you do not have to bother about managing the I²C bus messages. 

If you check the characteristics of the trigger connecting the sensor to the BLE characteristics you will see it is a read operation:

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

What this connectors does is to trigger an I²C read of the sensor, extract the humidity information from the full I²C message and post it to the corresponding BLE characteristics.

Regarding MCU Xpresso code for the NTAG element, we will open a dedicated thread and prepare a stand alone project example. By then I encourage you to check the code example here:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/485465 

I²C function is being used in there and this example is coded fully in MCUXpresso