Does the K64F use FSCI to talk to the KW41Z?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the K64F use FSCI to talk to the KW41Z?

sudhir1
Contributor I

Does the BLE shell use FSCI?

I assume that the SDK loads a default BLE firmware in the KW41Z. So if we wanted to add another BLE service to the weather station, we will need to modify only the K64F BLE shell code, and not touch the KW41Z. Correct?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Absoluyttly correct.

K64F is using FSCI communication with KW41.

Futhermore, KW41 is running an hybrid (Thread/BLE) host application implemented in a "black-box" manner.

sudhir1
Contributor I

Thanks. The host application for the KW41 is only available as as a binary that gets reloaded as you "RESET" the KW41 (if you were to mess with it through the docking station). Any plans to release the source code for that host app?

Would the FreeRTOS in the SDK get synchronized with whatever Amazon does with it?

Just trying to get sense for how this will evolve further. Appreciate your help.

0 Kudos

theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Host application source code of connectivity processor is available in the SLN-POS-RPK SDK package available at :

NXP Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit|NXP 

It is located under the path: SDK_2.2_RapidIoT_MKW41Z4\boards\rpk_kw41z\rapid_iot_apps\rpk_kw41z_hybrid

Regarding the SDK itself, for now, it is released in a standalone package. Among the up-coming roadmaps, one is to integrate rapid-iot software project under SDK builder process and will, therefore, be maintained on future evolutions of software components, as for example Amazon freertos kernel.

0 Kudos