取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Can I program the Rapid IoT while connected to the Hexiwear Battery Pack

1,998 次查看
ralphjy
Contributor II

Not sure if this is the correct forum or if I should ask on MikroElektronika but since this is Rapid IoT specific I thought I'd try here first.

I purchased a Hexiwear Battery Pack rather than a Docking Station to interface to a Click board because I have a portable application.  I haven't found a good description of how the power management works but I'm pretty sure that you can't have the Battery Pack adapter power and USB power on simultaneously.  I've noticed that the Rapid IoT will shut off when plugged into the Battery Pack if its power switch is off.  My question is - if the Battery Pack is shut off, can I program the Rapid IoT while it is still plugged in?  Haven't tried it and don't want to unless someone knows this is okay.  My reason for wanting to do this is I don't want to wear out the module connector.  I doubt if it's rated for a lot of insertions.

I'm using the Battery Pack because I need to interface to an NFC Click board to read an external tag..  I had hoped that the Rapid IoT had the ability to read an external tag but I believe that it can only interface with its own internal tag and an external reader.  Is that correct?

Ralph

标签 (2)
0 项奖励
8 回复数

1,675 次查看
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The battery pack switches control directly the main power regulators of rapid-iot, if it's turn off then rapid-iot power supply is turned off. In this configuration even if your power-up the device by USB, main features that are supplied with the main power regulator  (K64F, KW41, DISPLAY, ETC...) will not turn on.

If you want to get deep into this you can look at rapid-iot schematics rev D, and follow the  "BAT_SW" label, this is the one connected to docking/battery-pack switch.

NXP Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit|NXP 

In short, no you can't program it with a battery pack attached when turned off.

1,675 次查看
theophileleroy
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

pastedImage_1.png

Rapid-IoT schematics page 7

VCC_IN is the power coming from USB and a general load switch is used to trigger the power to VCC_IN_CTRL features such as main micro etc...

If BAT_SW is set to 0 (off state), then no power will be supplied to the components.

Note: SW5 RESET switch on the back side of the kit is implemented by a simple short-cut of the state on CE pin of the switch. That's a typical implementation of power-reset.

0 项奖励

1,675 次查看
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

I have a similar question with the same topic Rapid iot with hexiwear docking station.

I want to use PTB19 and PTB18 pins from hexiwear docking station. But I could see only PTB19 pin. I cannot find PTB18. Is there any alternative approach for this or I should get a different board?

I am trying to a CAN communication in rapid Iot board which uses PTB18 and PTB19.(CAN tx and CAN rx)
Regards
Niranjan

0 项奖励

1,675 次查看
frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

Warning.

The PTB19 label on the hexiwear docking station does not match PTB19 pin on Rapid IoT.

See the schematics:

http://cdn-docs.mikroe.com/images/a/a7/HEXIWEAR_DockingStation_v102_Sch.PDF 

pastedImage_1.png

Rapid Iot Schematic:

NXP Rapid IoT Prototyping Kit | NXP 

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png 

pastedImage_6.png

The CAN pins are available on the smaller onnector under the hexiwear connector at the back of the kit;

0 项奖励

1,675 次查看
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

thank you for your reply. So,I understand the hexiwear dock does not have readily available CAN pins which I need. There are few things which I did not understand,

pastedImage_6.png

I cannot find this schematic. What does these details have to do with CAN pins? Can you please explain.

2. Can you please be more specific how can I interface CAN pins which

" are available on the smaller connector under the hexiwear connector at the back of the kit"

I have attached pics of back of hexiwear kit along with this. But cannot find the right location. If you could tell me the specific location, I can look for possible pin out.

I am not sure if I will be able to do it since I do not have hands on experience on PCB.

Back Of Kit 2.jpeg

Back of Kit.jpeg

Thank you.

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 项奖励

1,675 次查看
frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Long pin names... if I got your question right.

As you might know the K64F pins can be configured in different ways thanks to the PinMux tool. All these names correspond to functions which can be associated to the same physical pin.

2. I was referring to the kit smaller connector, not the docking station, sorry for the confusion.

1,675 次查看
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

Yes, I noticed PTA12 and PTA13 can be used for CAN communication. I also found that it is available in hexiwear docking station. I would go ahead and give it a try.

Thank you.

0 项奖励

1,675 次查看
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

I believe you will need to confirm that data with MikroElektronika about the handling of the power management in the battery pack as I was not able to locate a lot of information regarding it and I'm not sure if it has any kind of protection circuit. 

Could you please help me confirm with them? 

Regards