usbboot from u-boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

usbboot from u-boot

smiller2
Contributor III

My board  boots to u-boot, but Ethernet is not working yet, so I could not complete the network boot.   From the u-boot menu,  I saw a menu item for usbboot.   Seemed like a good option as the USB port was working.   However, I could not figure out the file format to get this working.    After some Googling, I found a simple alternative way.    I am posting it here in case others have the same difficulty.   The workaround is to run the following commands. 

usb reset
fatload usb 0 0xA0000000 lsdk2012_buildroot_tiny_LS_arm64.itb
bootm 0xA0000000#ls1046afrwy

This assumes that you format the USB stick with FAT.   The itb file is copied into the root of this drive.   The "0"  after usb is the device number assigned to that part.   If only one USB device is attached, it will probably be zero.   The 0xA0000000 is the DRAM address to load the image to.  Most of the QorIQ seem to use that address so try it first.   The final line jumps to that address and starts executing.  The name after the "#" is the device the Linux image was built for.   My version is not compiling yet, so I used an image from the demo board.  

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

=> fatload <interface> <dev[:part]> [<addr> [<filename> [bytes [pos] ] ] ]

=> fatload mmc 0:2 $load_addr lsdk2012_buildroot_tiny_LS_arm64.itb

0 Kudos