Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fatal: branch 'origin/master' does not exist with SDK 2:0 1703

ashish_kumar
Contributor II

Hi all

I am trying ti compile the SDK 2.0 1703 code & i am getting following error , 

can you please help me for the same 

ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: branch 'origin/master' does not exist

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/dada/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1046ardb/tmp/work/aarch64-fsl-linux/opkg-utils/0.1.8+gitAUTOINC+53274f0875-r0/temp/log.do_unpack.20604

Thanks & regards
Satish G

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I can run the command "bitbake opkg-utils -c patch -f" successfully without any problem.

Please make sure that the ISO QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-SOURCE-20160527-yocto.iso has been installed successfully.

0 Kudos

ashish_kumar
Contributor II

Hi 

Base on your input ,

I am trying to run "bitbake opkg-utils -c patch -f" , got the error as below

WARNING: /home/dada/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/opkg-utils/opkg-utils_git.bb.do_patch is tainted from a forced run
NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
fatal: branch 'origin/master' does not exist

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/dada/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1046ardb/tmp/work/aarch64-fsl-linux/opkg-utils/0.1.8+gitAUTOINC+53274f0875-r0/temp/log.do_unpack.28986

actually there is small change in git.py which I have changed,

#runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, \
runfetchcmd("%s branch --set-upstream-to %s origin/%s" % (ud.basecmd, branchname, \

without this change, it is failing with one step above as 

DEBUG: Python function base_do_unpack finished
| DEBUG: Python function do_unpack finished
| ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure: Fetch command failed with exit code 128, output:
| fatal: the '--set-upstream' option is no longer supported. Please use '--track' or '--set-upstream-to' instead.
|
ERROR: Task 0 (/home/dada/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/opkg-utils/opkg-utils_git.bb, do_unpack) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 9 tasks of which 8 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (9 of 10)

So I changed the git.py file, and it is failing continuously ,

Can you suggest me any other patch for come out of this issue 

Thanks & Regards

Satish G

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos