does P4080DS BSP support LWE(light weight executive)?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does P4080DS BSP support LWE(light weight executive)?

Jump to solution
lahar
Contributor II

Hi,

Could you please let me know if LWE (light weight executive) is supported by P4080DS BSP v1.4? If yes, where can I find it's documentation?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LWE has not been supported in the latest SDK release, you can find LWE in the previous Ltib release ISO http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=QORIQ_SDK_B2.03&prodCode=P4080PCIE&....

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
lahar
Contributor II

I am looking for some help on how to add external libraries for example(ncurses.h and math.h) to LWE library. Thank you very much for your help in advance!

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to lwe_apps source

./ltib -m prep -p lwe_apps

Get the source in rpm/BUILD/lwe_apps-b2.3/

0 Kudos
lahar
Contributor II

Yiping,

I already have lwe_apps source and I am saying I was able to run Hello World application just fine. I tried modifying hello world application and tried creating a new binary and that worked too. I am getting errors whenever I try to use ncurses.h library functions(for ex- initscr, endwin etc). I am pasting part of the error I am seeing below -

hello.o: In function `main':

hello.c:(.text+0xc): undefined reference to `initscr'

hello.c:(.text+0x2c): undefined reference to `endwin'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make[2]: *** [hello.elf] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lahar/Downloads/ltib/ltib-e500mc-20110128/rpm/BUILD/lwe_apps-b2.3/hello/dp'

make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lahar/Downloads/ltib/ltib-e500mc-20110128/rpm/BUILD/lwe_apps-b2.3/hello'

make: *** [hello] Error 2

error: Bad exit status from /home/lahar/Downloads/ltib/ltib-e500mc-20110128/tmp/rpm-tmp.29061 (%build)

RPM build errors:

Bad exit status from /home/lahar/Downloads/ltib/ltib-e500mc-20110128/tmp/rpm-tmp.29061 (%build)

Build time for lwe_apps: 1 seconds

Failed building lwe_apps

f_scbuild() returned an error, exiting

traceback:

main:561

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LWE has not been supported in the latest SDK release, you can find LWE in the previous Ltib release ISO http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/download/license.jsp?colCode=QORIQ_SDK_B2.03&prodCode=P4080PCIE&....

0 Kudos
lahar
Contributor II

Thanks Yiping. Really appreciate your help!

I have one more question - I explored all the docs from the ltib package(including doxygen files) but I am having hard time figuring out how to create an LWE application. Could you please direct me to the right path?

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

LWE application can be configured in "Package list" after run "./ltib -c".

For LWE deployment, please refer to LWE_Applications_User_Manual.pdf.

0 Kudos
lahar
Contributor II

LWE_Applications_User_Manual.pdf mostly talks about example applications. It doesn't really provide directions for a new one. Anyway I have created a basic C application. It runs fine on my computer. I was able to compile and run using gcc. But whenever I try to build that application using ltib (./ltib -m scbuild -p lwe_apps) I get an error saying "No such file or directory found" I am getting this error for most of the libraries for ex - iostream and ncureses. I am assuming the problem is the path to the libraries but I am not sure how and where to fix the path for these libraries. could you please help?  Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please execute "./ltib -c", and select lwe and lwe_apps, which have been selected by default, then build these packages with ltib automatically. After generating the rootfs filesystem, lwe are put in /opt folder in rootfs.

0 Kudos
lahar
Contributor II

Thank you very much for replying Yiping!

I was able to run hello world application just fine. So, I have understanding of how to build and run an application. My question is "how to use an external library" for LWE application? meaning libraries used by LWE applications reside under rootfs/usr/include/ directory. If I need a library(for ex- ncurses.h etc) that doesn't reside under rootfs/usr/include directory. How do I add that? I can not manually moved a library file inside this directory because this directory doesn't provide us permissions to do so. Would it be fine if I change the permissions of the directory and try to move a file in there manually?

Or should I try to modify makefile for this?

Just wondering is there any documentation on this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos