building a nand u-boot for P2020

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building a nand u-boot for P2020

charlesk
Contributor I

I'm trying to build u-boot to boot from nand attached to a P2020 board and have gotten part way down the path, but not all the way.

I have Downloaded P2020DS_20100317_ltib.iso and installed it in /opt on a linux system. I then run ./ltib and get a series of directories installed. I can also do "./ltib -m prep -p u-boot" and an rpm/BUILD/u-boot-2009-11 directory tree is created.

But, at this point, I am expecting to see in u-boot/include/configs a config file named like "P2020DS_nand_config" and I dont see anything similar to this. So, I suspect my recipe is a bit flawed.

My question is "how does one go about compliling u-boot for a nand flash for the P2020 with ltib?"

Charles Krinke

0 Kudos
2 Replies

charlesk
Contributor I

Let me reply to my own post with a bit more data.

I do see some notes on the forum saying things like

#make P1010_NAND_config

But, this does not work from the /opt/ltib-p2020ds-20100133/ directory.

Perhaps I am trying too hard to use "./ltib" and its commands I am used to from an 8313 project. Perhaps there is a different directory where there *is* a "Makefile" to execute.

Charles Krinke

0 Kudos

Firmware_Guy
Contributor I

Based on what you posted, I assume you are trying to build the nand flash image through make. If you want ot do that,

first you need to enter the shell mode. This is probably nothing but setting a few environment variables.

Anyhow

You should see

LTIB>

From here you can enter make P2020RDB_config

Btw, if you want to make a NAND boot you sholudn't be doing

make P2020RDB_config

followed by make

You should type

make P2020RDB_NAND_config

followed by

make

For more informations about available tragers please see the doc directory off your main ltib installations. Look for a file README.p1_p2****

I don't know why you installed your things off /opt, I just installed it in my home and everything works for me. I don't think where you installed it matters and issue is what I explained above probably.

Ali

One more suggestion, next time please cut and paste your error messages, that will take away of a lot of guessing and probably irrelavant answers.

0 Kudos