cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to get CMSIS-DAP debug firmware for MBED circuit on TWR-LS1021A board

Jump to solution
wushengjiang
Contributor II

I followed the hardware manual "TWR-LS1021A Reference Manual" section 5.3 "CMSIS-DAP debug support", however I cannot download the firmware described in that section,

1 Download the CMSIS-DAP firmware and documentation from http://compass.freescale.net/livelink/livelink?func=ll&objId=232410365&objAction=browse&viewType=1

So I want to switching back the mode, that is switching the usb port back to serial-to-usb mode. However, the board has no response even if I plug it to PC.The D2 LED is turned off  after pluging. I cannot find answer form manual, so I have to ask for help from Freescale.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The link to compass.freescale.net is internal link, as per my understanding it should not be mentioned in public board Reference Manual document.

UPD: I've sent you the contents of this link via Service Request.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The link to compass.freescale.net is internal link, as per my understanding it should not be mentioned in public board Reference Manual document.

UPD: I've sent you the contents of this link via Service Request.

0 Kudos
weijiawu
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

Could you send me the link of CMSIS-DAP firmware via Service Request, please?

Thank you

0 Kudos
addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Did you open a Service Request? Do you have the number?

Adrian

0 Kudos
skhasanujjaman
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

I have opened a service request (Service Request number 2-4786882631). Could you please help me to get the latest CMSIS-DADAP firmware for TWR-LS1021A-PB? The K20 chip is M28AGV.

BTW, I just want to use the USB-UART converter for the serial communication between Windows7 PC and the target board. 

0 Kudos
tommywu
Contributor I

Dear Adrian,

Yes, I have opened a Service Request with the Service Request number: 1-4128922598. Cloud you please send the CMSIS-DAP firmware to me?

Thank you

Weijia WU

0 Kudos
danieldilts
Contributor I

Is there a way to get a public URL for the download?  I also would like the CMSIS-DAP download.  I imagine that there are other people who would also like it.

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You should open a Service Request on freescale.com, and the CMSIS-DAP firmware and documentation will be provided to you.

Adrian

0 Kudos
im_nisar
Contributor I

Hi Adrain,

I have a TWR-LS1021A-PB rev 2 board, and I am facing the same above problem with the usb to serial port, where LED D2 never turns on even after connecting to the Windows 7 machine. Can you help me out in fixing this. 

I guess I will be needing the same link to recover the serial port.

Thanks

Nisar

0 Kudos
im_nisar
Contributor I

please use this Reference Id: nisar370769

0 Kudos
wushengjiang
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your update!

It seems the flash of MBED circuit on TWR-LS1021A board is cleared, so I cannot restore it back to serial-to-usb mode. I'm using X4 board, the K20 chip is M20AGV.

Could you let me know how to restore it once there  is update from engineers? Thank you very much for your help.

0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I've sent you the contents of the above link via Service Request. As per your reply, this solved the problem.

Factory confirmed the link is internal and should not be mentioned in public documentation. Hope they fix this in the next document revision.

0 Kudos
wushengjiang
Contributor II

Hi Alexander,

Your firmware restored my TWR-LS1021A board, thank you!

0 Kudos