What does the suffix in part number T1040D4RDB-PA mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does the suffix in part number T1040D4RDB-PA mean?

Jump to solution
kevinmcconnon
Contributor I

I'm trying to determine the meaning of the suffix in NXP part numbers such as T1040D4RDB-PA.

At the time I write this question, it appears that T1040D4RDB-PA is available on the NXP site. I'm trying to determine what the difference is between this and T1040RDB-PC. Thanks to a post on this site, I understand that the D4 refers to DDR4 memory. What is the meaning of the "-PA" or "-PC" suffix? Is it a version specifier?

The WindRiver site shows BSP support for T1040RDB-PC. If this suffix is a version specifier, then WindRiver seems to indicate support for a version after the one that I can obtain from NXP.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, suffix "-PA" or "-PC" at the end of partnumber indicates board revision. Note T1040RDB and T1040D4RDB are two different boards, with different revision numbering, and T1040D4RDB-PA is more recent than T1040RDB-PC

Yes, the main difference between non-D4 and D4 boards is in DDR4 memory used.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, suffix "-PA" or "-PC" at the end of partnumber indicates board revision. Note T1040RDB and T1040D4RDB are two different boards, with different revision numbering, and T1040D4RDB-PA is more recent than T1040RDB-PC

Yes, the main difference between non-D4 and D4 boards is in DDR4 memory used.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos