We are a CEM that needs to program Kenetis P1022NXE2LFB. We don't need the Software development features. Is there a more economical programming tool than the full fleged Codewarrior Development suite?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are a CEM that needs to program Kenetis P1022NXE2LFB. We don't need the Software development features. Is there a more economical programming tool than the full fleged Codewarrior Development suite?

donvogel
Contributor I

We are a CEM that needs to program Kenetis P1022NXE2LFB. We don't need the Software development features. Is there a more economical programming tool than the full fledged Codewarrior suite?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, we do not offer other flash programming tools for P1022 device. We offer only CodeWarrior.

Note - CodeWarrior is available in different purchasing options ("Suites").

For "flash programmer only" option we offer "Basic" suite. Please look this document:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/fact-sheets/950-00437.pdf 

In this document please see page 5 for P10xx support.

Also please let me remind - full featured 30-day evaluation version is available for download from our site after registration.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

donvogel
Contributor I

Thanks for the info. I kind of knew about that (Basic Suite) but there are some ambiguities.

While page 5 of the PDF you directed me to, does state programming capability for the P1022 in the Basic Suite, the information at this page:

http://www.nxp.com/products/software-and-tools/software-development-tools/codewarrior-development-to...

is less reassuring. See attached JPG of expanded tabs under CodeWarrior Development Suites (Professional, Standard, Basic), Development Studio - Basic Suite does not include this family of parts, though CodeWarrior Development Suites for Networked Applications

(For StarCore DSPs, PowerQUICC and QorIQ) does and there is no Basic Suite for this one.

Also noted when hovering over the "Basic Suite" in the circular option selector at the top, it notes that it is "Code Size Limited" but there's no information as to the limitations. That could seriously effect our ability to use this after purchase.

Can you answer both questions:

Does the Basic Suite program the P1022 ?

What are the Code Size Limitations ?

Thanks,

Don

>>> "alexander.yakovlev" <admin@community.nxp.com> 3/15/2017 9:11 AM >>>

NXP Community

Re: We are a CEM that needs to program QorIQ P1022NXE2LFB. We don't need the Software development features. Is there a more economical programming tool than the full fledged Codewarrior Development suite?

reply from alexander.yakovlev in QorIQ Processing Platforms - View the full discussion

Sorry, we do not offer other flash programming tools for P1022 device. We offer only CodeWarrior.

Note - CodeWarrior is available in different purchasing options ("Suites").

For "flash programmer only" option we offer "Basic" suite. Please look this document:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/fact-sheets/950-00437.pdf

In this document please see page 5 for P10xx support.

Also please let me remind - full featured 30-day evaluation version is available for download from our site after registration.

Have a great day,

Alexander

0 Kudos