Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding QDS LEDs

Jump to solution
rommelcustodio
Contributor I

Dear All,

Is there a app note or guide somewhere which describes the T1040QDS LEDs?

We are trying to debug a 2 stage bootloader but now nothing happens. The LEDs flash and flicker though.

During the error, BDI can not correctly connect to the core so we can't see what is really happening.

・PORST (RED) : Blink

・FAIL  (RED) : Blink

M0    (GREEN) : On

M4 + M5 + M7 (GREEN) : Blink※

※)  M4:Off M5+M7:On  ⇔  M4:On  M5+M7:Off

All the best,

Rommel

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

PORST - PORESET_B is being asserted

FAIL - HW fault asserted, or SW has asserted a failure

M0 - LCS0 (boot chip select).

Blinking these leds means periodic reset assertion. I guess, the device tries to start up, tries to fetch boot code from boot device, and generates reset.

Guide is T1040QDS board Reference Manual, Section 2.54 "Monitoring LEDs"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

PORST - PORESET_B is being asserted

FAIL - HW fault asserted, or SW has asserted a failure

M0 - LCS0 (boot chip select).

Blinking these leds means periodic reset assertion. I guess, the device tries to start up, tries to fetch boot code from boot device, and generates reset.

Guide is T1040QDS board Reference Manual, Section 2.54 "Monitoring LEDs"

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rommelcustodio
Contributor I

alexander.yakovlev

It seems the T1040QDS RM doesn't help that much.

These are the patterns I see.

PASS (Blue) Always ON

SLEEP (Yellow) Always ON

Set 1:

PORST (RED) ON

FAIL (RED) ON

M0 (Green) ON

M4 (Green) Off

M5 (Green) ON

M7 (Green) ON

Set 2:

PORST (RED) Off

FAIL (RED) Off

M0 (Green) ON

M4 (Green) ON

M5 (Green) Off

M7 (Green) Off

(Other LEDs not mentioned are Off)

After 1 second Set 1 is reported by LEDs. After 1 second Set 2 is reporte by LEDs. Goes on forever.

All the best,

Rommel

0 Kudos
hwrobel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The pattern would indicate that the PLD driven reset sequence completes correctly and then the device resets again … and again … and again.

So your RCW or boot loader is very likely doing something that leads to an HRESET_REQ before you get anywhere.

You may want to use a scope to check the amount of bus activity to determine if there is any chip select activity past the RCW fetch anywhere.

If not, you have a subtly broken RCW.

rommelcustodio
Contributor I

Thank you for the pointers.

I'll be asking my colleagues if we have the document you mentioned.

As a side note: I'm trying to do a 2 stage boot on the QDS using the defunct (SPI NOR) patches in the u-boot ML. Seems the patches still need a lot of work. AFAIK, the aforementioned patches have been abandoned according to a reply in the ML.

All the best,

Rommel

0 Kudos