cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined reference to __sqrt_finite building multimedia packages

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

Hi,

I use SDK1.7 with T1040RDB. I fail to build pulseaudio package, getting this error:

[compilation line...] -lcap -lpthread -lrt -ldl -lm -pthread -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/lib/pulseaudio

./.libs/libpulsecore-5.0.so: undefined reference to `__sqrt_finite'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

make[3]: *** [close-test] Error 1

make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

It is reproducible easily adding this package "pulseaudio" to IMAGE_INSTALL in meta-fsl-minimal.bb.

My final goal is to build vlc. I also had this error with package x264 that I disabled but I don't find how to disable pulseaudio, and that's not really what I want.

The right fix would be to fix the __sqrt_finite error. I've seen a patch in eglibc 2.19 but it seems it is not used. Just as another patch about initgroups_keys (on nss/getent.c).

Maybe it would work using this eglibc version but I don't know how to do.

I previously had errors with eglibc 2.15 that is in meta-fsl-toolchain/recipes-devtools/eglibc so I suppose the build system uses it.

A clarification (or a procedure to build vlc) would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mathias

0 Kudos
1 Reply

mathiasparnaude
Contributor III

I finally fixed the problem applying existing patches found for eglibc 2.19 (after trying to use this version playing without success with layers priorities).

In my layer, I created this recipe: recipes-devtools/eglibc/eglibc_2.15.bbappend

Its content is:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/${PN}-${PV}:"

SRC_URI += "file://ppc-sqrt_finite.patch \

file://initgroups_keys.patch \

"

And I copied the following files from poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc-2.19/ into my layer at: recipes-devtools/eglibc/eglibc-2.15/

initgroups_keys.patch

ppc-sqrt_finite.patch

VLC now compiles. But my final image was almost 50MB! So I had a filesystem error at boot. I had to disable many things in the configure step.

At the moment, it is not enough to broadcast video streams from the T1040RDB but this is another problem. The one exposed here is solved applying the patches.

0 Kudos