T4240rdb full rootfs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T4240rdb full rootfs

varunkjayan
Contributor II

How to load a full rootfs using tftp server for fsl-image-full sdk version1.7 I can't find fsl-image-full. Ext2.gz.u-boot

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello varun k jayan,

The rootfs filesystem  type "ext2.gz.u-boot" is not added for fsl-image-full, because the full rootfs image is too large to be booted up with Ramdisk. Anyway, you could modify the variable "IMAGE_FSTYPES" in meta-fsl-networking/images/fsl-image-full.bb to generate any type rootfs image.

The full rootfs image is recommended to be booted up with SD, USB, SATA or NFS. Here give you examples regarding booting full image from SD card.

Boot SD image:

1. Create the partitions by "fdisk /dev/sdb".

#fdisk /dev/sdb

2. Use the mkfs.ext2 command to create the filesystems.

# mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb2

3. Copy the file system to SD card by extracing the QorIQ_SDK_V1.7_E6500__ROOTFS_Image.tar.gz.

# cp QorIQ_SDK_V1.7_E6500__ROOTFS_Image.tar.gz .

# tar -zxvf QorIQ_SDK_V1.7_E6500__ROOTFS_Image.tar.gz

# rm QorIQ_SDK_V1.7_E6500__ROOTFS_Image.tar.gz

4. Copy uImage and dtb file to "/boot" folder of SD card.

5. Plug in the SD card to the target board and power on.

6. Set the environment in uboot for SD boot.

# setenv bootfile uImage

# setenv fdtfile uImage.dtb

# setenv bootcmd 'setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootdelay=5 console=$consoledev,$baudrate;mmcinfo;ext2load mmc 0:2 $loadaddr /boot/$bootfile;ext2load mmc 0:2 $fdtaddr /boot/$fdtfile;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr'

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Can you please be more clear on this query? Do you have problem loading or building?

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

varunkjayan
Contributor II

sry for the vagueness in the question

i have build the fsl-image-full images and is available at the deploy/images but the problem is the image cannot be booted using tftp since i have been loading image using only tftp but now iam stuck i want to load the fsl-image-full if u can help me with USB or NFS or SD (procedure) it would be really helpful

thank you

sir

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to my reply yesterday.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos