T2080RDB-PC SO

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080RDB-PC SO

sandratrujillog
Contributor III

I have a board T2080RDB-PC. I compiled the SDK and at the end I installed the full version on a hard drive that I added to my board. I've been working with the board all this time. I have added programs and other things. Now I would like to install the same operating system on another T2080RDB-PC but with all the things I have in my first T2080. That is, I would like to take out the operating system with all the modifications that I have done in my first T2080RDB-PC and install this same operating system on my new board. Can someone help me know how to do this process?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Sandra Trujillo García,

You could copy the filesystem to SD card or USB from the hard drive on the first T2080RDB-PC, then plug-in SD/USB to the second board to configure bootargs to boot system from SD/USB.

Please refer to the following procedure to do boot the system from SD.

On the first T2080RDB-PC, please plugin SD card.

1. #fdisk /dev/sdb

2. Use the mkfs.ext2 command to create the filesystems.

# mkfs.vfat /dev/sdb1
# mkfs.ext2 /dev/sdb2

3.Mount SD ext2 partition to mnt1

# mkdir /mnt1
# mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt1

4.Mount SATA (the second partition) to mnt2

# mkdir /mnt2
# mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt2

5. Copy the content in SATA to SD.

# cp -r /mnt2/* /mnt1

6. Please plug-in SD to the second board, and setting SD bootargs

# setenv bootcmd 'setenv bootargs root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rw rootdelay=5 console=ttyS0,115200;mmcinfo;ext2load mmc 0:2 $loadaddr /boot/uImage;ext2load mmc 0:2 $fdtaddr /boot/t2080rdb.dtb;bootm $loadaddr - $fdtaddr'

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos