cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T2080 disable devices

esoto
Contributor I

Hi,

I've a question and maybe someone could help me. To disable devices on T2080 it's stated that you can use DCFG_CCSR_DEVDISRx registers (from T2080 Reference Manual, for example "DEVDISR1 provides a mechanism for gating clocks to IP blocks that are not used when running an application.").

But if you go, for example, to I2C peripheral control register I2Cx_I2CCR has the MEN bit to enable/disable the module.

So here we have two ways for disabling it: using the DCFG_CCSR_DEVDISRx register or the I2Cx_I2CCR one. ¿What's the real difference between them? I know that the first one reduces the SoC power consumption, but from the safety point of view, ¿does the second one (disabling the device) performs any action over the physical SoC outputs (pins)? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The T2080 module can be enabled or disabled using correspondent control registers (I2Cx_I2CCR for I2C module).

These registers usually are used for module disabling during initialization, configuration or re-initialization.

The DCFG_CCSR_DEVDISRx registers are used to reduce the T2080 power consumption is some modules are not needed. See the Note for the DCFG_CCSR_DEVDISRx registers:

IP blocks disabled by setting the corresponding bit in the DEVDISRx register must not be re-enabled.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos