cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024RDB RCW FLASH USING LAUTERBACH

kushshah
Contributor I

Hello Team,

While performing experiments on T1024RDB board, accidentally we have corrupted both banks RCW region.

Could you please help us with the steps on how to flash rcw using lauterbach?

Thanks,

Kush

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Hello Kush,

setting the hard-coded RCW in this case should enable external tools to override the RCW.
If it doesn't work, the AREA window will show some more information.
Using a wrong RCW can lead to a debug port fail or running core status.
Disabling the PBI_SRC was also often helpful in case of a missing RCW...
Please download and try the following override script for your board: http://www.lauterbach.com/support/t1024rdb_demo_set_rcw.cmm
If you're still running into problems you might need to update your TRACE32 software; please contact bdmqoriq-support@lauterbach.com .

Regards,
Matthias

0 Kudos

kushshah
Contributor I

Thanks Matthias.

I tried script which you said in your reply (Disabling PBI_SRC). 

Now I am getting below error, when it executes SYSTEM.UP in above script:

EmuMCI: CPowerPCCoree5500::ResetTarget: SOC init failed

Let me know your inputs on this.

Thanks,

Kush.

0 Kudos

MatthiasB
Contributor II

Hi Kush,

we need to get more info about your used debug hardware, software version and AREA output.

Please execute support.cmm in your installation directory (/demo/etc/diagnosis/) and contact bdmqoriq-support@lauterbach.com .

Best regards,

Matthias

0 Kudos

rweiss
Contributor V

Hello Kush,

using the hard-coded RCW is one option, but you can also override the RCW via JTAG. You can find the TRACE32 example scripts on the demo folder of your TRACE32 installation, or download from our server here: TRACE32® Start-Up and other Scripts. After the override, you can program a new RCW to the flash.

Best regards,

Reinhard

0 Kudos

kushshah
Contributor I

I have set up hard-coded RCW in switch configuration and run demo_set_rcw.cmm from demo folder for t1024RDB but its showing debug port fail when it executes SYSTEM.UP.

Let me know if I have to change anything in script or steps.

Thanks,

Kush.

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I believe the Lauterbach debugger will be able to connect to the board if you select hard-coded RCW option by setting SW1[1:8]SW2[1]=010011011 (ON=0 OFF=1).

I've attached the default RCW image.

Assuming that NOR Flash base address is 0xE8000000, the RCW image has to be programmed to 0xE8000000 and 0xEC000000.

Please consult with Lauterbach support concerning the specific programming steps and script to be executed.

0 Kudos