T1024 in hardcoded mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T1024 in hardcoded mode

chenxiaoyong
Contributor I

Currently I am debugging T1024 CPU, on our board there is no programmed image in NOR flash, nor in NAND flash, we need to program the information via CodeWarrior. We use hardcoded mode and the cfg_srw is set to 0,1001,1110 (we used  100MHz differential clock mode).

In Codewarrior, attached mode, we select the target type is T1024, and the connection is successful. while in sometime, the CPU's register is not accessible, sometime, it is accessible. When we change the target type to out defined RCW (from .txt file), then there is problem “failed” to configure the JTAG chain (no matter the "override" function in RCW.txt is enabled or not). Based on test, we saw there is COP_HRESET asserted in this configuration, it is strange.

In Codewarrior, connected mode, we select the target type is T1024, and the connection is not successful and the problem is that the CPU core no responding. When we change the target type to out defined RCW (from .txt file), then there is problem “failed” to configure the JTAG chain (no matter the "override" function in RCW.txt is enabled or not).

From the document, we do not get the detailed definition for hardcoded POR source, what is the definition? Does somebody know?

It will be appreciated if somebody can help on this problem or some hints, thanks in advanced.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Basically, if board is set from dip switches or cpld in hardcoded mode, using CW bareboard project you can connect to the board. You can try using Connect SRAM launch, to avoid a wrong DDR initialization.

Other possibility is to use the jtag chain file, for rcw override, but the settings from it must fit with the board settings.

Adrian

0 Kudos

nitishkumar
Contributor I

Hi Adrian,

We have designed a custom board based on T4241 processor and facing similar issue. So could you please provide workaround for this?

Regards,

Nitish

0 Kudos

chenxiaoyong
Contributor I

based on the offline discussion, we have solved this problem, thanks a lot.

0 Kudos

safeerkt
Contributor II

Hello Chen,

Could you please share the fixes you have done for this.We are facing the same issue here.Exactly same scenario like yours. It will be really helpful if you can share the work around you are tried with your system.

many Thanks,

Safeer 

0 Kudos

chenxiaoyong
Contributor I

Hello,

I ever saw your Q&A for T1024, I am not sure whether you can help me for this problem, thanks.

@gourav jain

@Adrian-Mihai Stoica

@Manjula Rajesh

@Pascal Irrle

0 Kudos