SJA1000(CAN bus controller) connect to the LBC of PPC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SJA1000(CAN bus controller) connect to the LBC of PPC

liuzichang007
Contributor I

Can SJA1000(CAN bus controller) connect to the LBC of P2010 or other PPC(PowerPC)?  if not,How can I design a CAN bus with the PPC 。

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The SJZ1000 has multiplexed data/address bus AD7-AD0. As an 8-bit data port it must reside on LAD[0:7] of the P2020 eLBC. The P2020 also provides both data and address on the LAD[0:15]. However the LAD[0:7] provide most significant 8 bits of 32-bit address. The LAD[0] provides the most significant bit of 8-bit data and 32-bit address. So connecting P2020 LAD[0:7] to the AD[7:0] is not so good idea. As workaround for such connection you can use the UPM for access control and provide address on the LAD[0:7] from the UPM’s MAR register. I.e. first your driver writes to the MAR value which set required address on the LAD[3:7] and then reads or writes to the dummy address which runs UPM access. The UPM LGPL[] signals can provides required control signals for the CAN controller interface.

You also can use an external 8-bit multiplexor which will provide address from P2020 LA[24:31] and data from/to the LAD[0:7].

There is P1010 in the QorIQ P-series family which has in-built FlexCAN controllers (revision 2.0B). The ARM core based QorIQ family includes LS1021A and LS1022A which also have in-built CAN controllers.

At last there are CAN controllers with SPI interface (f.e. MCP2515). Such controllers can be connected to the P2020 SPI interface.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos