cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCW bitfield names / syntax

Jump to solution
smiller2
Contributor III

The QCVS tool creates a text file output of the RCW bits.   However, some of these do not translate to the RCW file needed for flex-builder.    Specifically, my target is the ls1046A.    I get errors  like shown below:

Error: Unknown bitfield GP_INFO_288_295
Error: Unknown bitfield GP_INFO_299_319
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ3
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ4
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ5
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ6
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ7
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ8
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ9
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ10
Error: Unknown bitfield IRQ11
Error: Unknown bitfield I2C_CLK_SEL

All of these terms are in the QCVS text file.    If I search "IRQ"   I see it used in other example RCW files for other boards.   However, it complains on mine. 

Where can I find a list of supported names so that I can properly translate these? 

Is there a document on creating these RCW files?   

Note:  while they are shown as errors, the PBL file is created and seems to be fairly close to the required.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to RCW fields definition for LS1046A in flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/rcw/ls1046ardb/ls1046a.rcwi, IRQ_BASE[373:381] should be what you required.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
smiller2
Contributor III

Thank you.    I understand now.   I ended up making my own unique ls1046a.rcwi file based on the one referenced.   That allowed me to explicitly define a name for each IRQ  and to add the I2C_CLK_SEL which is missing from the other file.  ( I realize that I2C_CLK_SEL maybe always defined as zero).   If these are explicitly defined, then it makes other employee's work at my company easier as they can directly correlate CodeWarrior to the RCW. 

As a side note to other,  be aware that a "flex-builder clean" does NOT remove the compiled binaries for the RCW.   I have to manually remove these.   If I do not, then the RCW is not re-compiled.  

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer to RCW fields definition for LS1046A in flexbuild_lsdk2012/packages/firmware/rcw/ls1046ardb/ls1046a.rcwi, IRQ_BASE[373:381] should be what you required.