Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QorIQ T Series

Jump to solution
salihsonmez
Contributor I

Hi everyone ,

I am new at using Freescale processors.

When I am searching on internet for new project , I am impressed by some of QorlQ  P series processors. Then, I  go over QorlQ T series.

Now I have afew questions in my mind. Can anyone answer my question , I will be happy:)

1. Is QorlQ T series pin to pin with  QorlQ  P series processors ?

2. is there software compability between  QorlQ T series and  QorlQ  P series processors?

(I ask because , if I am not wrong , there was software compability among previous power architecture cores.)

The last one is more general question about searching good processor for long term project.

3.  How do I choose a processor for long term project? Beacuse If the processor become absolute(be discontinued ), additional design process and test process must be included the project and additional time is required. Thus it is undesirable for any designer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
suchit_lepcha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer your query. Let me try to answer some of your queries.

P series devices are built with 45nm technology while T series are with 28nm. Devices of P series are not pin to pin compatible with T series. Since T series are latest in the offing, the devices of the family come with some enhanced features. You may want to check changes/enhancements in the feature list to make respective changes in software.

The P series is not obsolete yet. We continue to support devices from this family. For more information, I'd recommend you to contact local sales office.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
salihsonmez
Contributor I

Thanks to both Lepcha and Liang for answer. It is quite helpfull for me. I want to ask one more question.

I notece that IMX6 serisi is cheapper than processer with powerpc cores. for example IMX6Dual core is cheaper than P2020. When I compare both as performance ,  P2020 is not extremely powerful as compare with IMX6 dual core. Is there any reason  that I don't notice?

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can also refer to the QorIQ Processing Platforms Overview and the Processor Selector Guide for more information about the comparison of P series and T series.

http://cache.freescale.com/files/netcomm/doc/fact_sheet/QORIQOV.pdf

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/brochure/PWRARCHQIQSG.pdf

salihsonmez
Contributor I

Please, somebody gives some comments:)

0 Kudos
suchit_lepcha
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I was waiting for someone more knowledgeable to answer your query. Let me try to answer some of your queries.

P series devices are built with 45nm technology while T series are with 28nm. Devices of P series are not pin to pin compatible with T series. Since T series are latest in the offing, the devices of the family come with some enhanced features. You may want to check changes/enhancements in the feature list to make respective changes in software.

The P series is not obsolete yet. We continue to support devices from this family. For more information, I'd recommend you to contact local sales office.

0 Kudos