cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patched header files don't show up in SDK

florentinbourge
Contributor II

Hi,

My thread makes reference to this article :Patched J1939 header files don't show up in SDK , by Craig Denson

It seems to be the nearest question asked before on this forum but I don't understand responses.

I modified the driver serial_8250.c and serial_8250.h into my remote kernel sources (it compiles and exec without troubles).

Now, I want to include the "serial_8250.h" from these custom kernel sources into a testing application in order to reuse some structures and definitions. After that, I realize that all the linux headers used by GCC in order to Cross Compile my testing application was coming from the "linux-libc-headers" path : (tmp/work/ppc64e5500-fsl-linux/linux-libc-headers/4.1-r0/sysroot-destdir/usr/include/linux/) and these headers doesn't complies with my custom kernel sources. Actually, whitout considering my modification on the serial_8250, there is a lot of difference between these two headers directory.

How can I include my custom linux kernel header into my application ? Probably by modifying the application yocto recipe in order to add the relative path to my linux kernel sources ?

thank you !

Florentin

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually if custom header is needed, add this header and full path to this header.

For example:

#include "my_folder/serial_8250.h"

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

florentinbourge
Contributor II

Hi Pavel Chubakov,

Yes, you are right. It is a simple way to fix and it works.

Nonetheless, I am looking for a smart way by using yocto recipes. I would like to be able to include every modified headers automatically, not file by file with a relative path.

Thanks,

Florentin

0 Kudos