cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2020DS and USB TAP

Jump to solution
oliver123
Contributor II

I am using the P2020DS development board with the Codewarrior Development Studio PA version 10.

I try to download my software on the P2020DS, without success so far.

The USB tap reports an unexpected reset signal level error.  For what I understand, it means that the environment is not able to keep the reset at the desired level in order to download the software. This is verified because each time the probe try to reset the board, the Linux boots immediately after.

Does anyone know how to configure the board in order to let the USB tap to have full control on the QorIQ bootup?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
oliver123
Contributor II

Finally i figured out what was the problem.

This is a misplaced USB TAP connector.

After using a pin header to revert the USB TAP connection. Every thing works fine.

I have attached a picture to show the connector misplacement and the right side of the connector.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
genuap
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First question is if you have any other instance of Codewarrior installed. The drivers for the USB TAP may conflict.

When idle, what color TAP light is blinking? Red? Then you're ok.

0 Kudos
oliver123
Contributor II

The RUN/PAUSE is red and TX/RX is blinking.

0 Kudos
oliver123
Contributor II

Currently I work with one of the examples which come with the installation of the EDE. The purpose of this example is to print "Welcome to CodeWarrior!" out of the common serial port (DUART1).

I have attached the error window reported by the CCS.

Do I have to modify the SW configurations of the board to enable the code download and debug?

for instance boot room location? ...

the P2020DS board is at revision SCH-xxxxx-D2.

0 Kudos
oliver123
Contributor II

Finally i figured out what was the problem.

This is a misplaced USB TAP connector.

After using a pin header to revert the USB TAP connection. Every thing works fine.

I have attached a picture to show the connector misplacement and the right side of the connector.

0 Kudos