Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenJDK for T1040 boards

Jump to solution
surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hi,

We haveT1040 Q0rIQ design referance board.   I am trying to build openjdk for T1040rdb-64b. While reading the QorIq linux sdk, in open JDK section written for 32 b machine. Can i use it for 64 bit machine?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use the workaround provide by Yocto production team.

Please modify the configuration file meta-java/conf/layer.conf as the following,then execute "bitbake java-test-image".

- PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial ?= "jamvm-initial-native"

+ PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial ?= "cacao-initial-native"

Have a great day,
Yiping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

10 Replies
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Surendra Dhobale,

Please refer to the following content from SDK 1.8 document, openjdk could be used on 64bit platform.

How to build the rootfs which supports openjdk.

The SDK supports both openjdk-6 and openjdk-7 on 32b targets and 64b targets, Jtreg

has been used to verify the openjdk.

Following describes how to build the rootfs image of java support.

1. $ source ./poky/fsl-setup-poky -m t1040d4rdb-64b

2. $ bitbake java-test-image

Have a great day,
Yiping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello Yiping Wang,

Thank you. I have downloaded SDK 1.8 and followed all steps of installtion of SDK. I am able to setup enviornment and able to build fsl full image. I am interested to build java test image for T1040 64 bit based ( e550 core)  processors.

I have followed same steps  provided by you and SDK doc.

But getting  error as,

configure: exit 1

| ERROR: oe_runconf failed

| WARNING: exit code 1 from a shell command.

| ERROR: Function failed: do_configure (log file is located at /home/onboard/QorIQ-SDK-V1.8-20150619-yocto/build_t1040d4rdb-64b_release/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/classpath-native/0.99-r6.0/temp/log.do_configure.4987)

ERROR: Task 1702 (/home/onboard/QorIQ-SDK-V1.8-20150619-yocto/meta-java/recipes-core/classpath/classpath-native_0.99.bb, do_configure) failed with exit code '1'

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 514 tasks of which 513 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

No currently running tasks (513 of 3095)

Attached logs.

Can you please provide pointers for same.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Surendra Dhobale,

I verified to build classpath-native without problem.

Probably your problem is caused by the host environment, which version Linux OS do you use?

Before deploy the building environment, did you run the script "poky/scripts/host-prepare.sh" to perform the host environment.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos
surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

Thanks for your reply. I am using ubuntu 14.04.( Linux version 3.13.0-65 generic, gcc version 4.8.2).

I had set host enviornment using host-prepare.sh scripts and its runs successfully. I have tried again to run same scripts, but all packages installed previously.

I am able to build full rootfs image, toolchaain but facing issue with java image. Error occure in do_configure.( /usr/bin/ecj-initial failed, check CLASSPATH). in tmp/work/x86_64-linux/classpath-native/0.99-r6.0/classpath-0.99

I have updated all the packages of ubuntu again, Still facing same issue? can you please give me few pointers.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
steffendedekind
Contributor II

I have exactly the same problem using the SDK 1.8 Vritual Enviornment providd by freescale.com (PPCE500V2).

See files attached. Would be nice to see a fix/solution.

0 Kudos
surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hello Steffen,

Yes its exacly similar issue which you faced. I found a workaround that avoids the usage of jamvm during the initial configuration. It is only used during the initialization phase (do_configure). As a workaround I'm using the java version of my host machine openjdk-7-jdk.

In order to do that you need to replace the following lines in the <buildfolder>/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/java-initial script

replace the line:

jamvm-initial ${1+"$@"} with "/usr/lib/jvm/default-java/bin/java ${1+"$@"}" .

After that my build was successful.

Ideally open embedded doesnot use any host resouces, it builds image from its own receipe and image should build on all the linux distributions.

0 Kudos
yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please use the workaround provide by Yocto production team.

Please modify the configuration file meta-java/conf/layer.conf as the following,then execute "bitbake java-test-image".

- PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial ?= "jamvm-initial-native"

+ PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial ?= "cacao-initial-native"

Have a great day,
Yiping

steffendedekind
Contributor II

Hi Yiping,

the modified layer.conf enables me to build aswell. However there are still some warnings coming up (se attached log) and I have no idea how to handle them (or if it's necessary to handle them at all).

Kind regards

Steffen

0 Kudos
surendradhobale
Contributor III

Hi Yiping,

With modifing layer.conf to PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/java-initial ?= "cacao-initial-native"

able to build java image. Thanks for your support.

In addition to that, just want to ask, how to deploy this image in existing rootfs. or I have to mount this separate rootfs.

Currently I have mounted fsl-full-rootfs image via SD card. I want to run java program. I have to replace this java test image sdk to existing one or need to made totaly new one? because the folder structure of the java test image is same as rootfs.

Thanks

0 Kudos
caryo_brien
Contributor III

What distribution and version of linux are you using for building?

I am having a lot of problems building openjdk for a P1010 board.

Currently I get errors building cryptodev-linux-1.7.  I suspect this is

due to incompatibilities in my Centos 7 build machine.

Thanks,

Cary

0 Kudos