No IP packets using DPDK in ls1046ardb

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No IP packets using DPDK in ls1046ardb

rashmikj
Contributor III

I am using a custom board with LS1046ardb. I am running dpdk for port 0 and port 1 with l2fwd-crypto application.

DPDK l2fwd-crypto works fine for some time but after some time (> 30 minutes)no packets are coming out from the ports. There is no error message and DPDK application continues to run.

If i put print statement , I can see packets in rx buffer . crypto dequeue also looks okay. 

if i stop the application and rerun again , it is okay.

Kindly help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please try the following procedure to invoke DPDK application.

root@localhost:~# fmc -x
root@localhost:~# dmesg -D
root@localhost:~# mkdir -p /mnt/hugepages
root@localhost:~# mount -t hugetlbfs none /mnt/hugepages
root@localhost:~# export DPAA_FMC_MODE=1
root@localhost:~# fmc -c /root/dpdkfiles/usdpaa_config_ls1046.xml -p /root/dpdkfiles/usdpaa_policy_hash_ipv4_1queue.xml -a
root@localhost:~# export DPAA_NUM_RX_QUEUES=1
root@localhost:~# /root/dpdkfiles/l2fwd-crypto -v -c 0xc -n 1   -- -p 0x30 -q 1 --chain CIPHER_HASH --cipher_algo aes-cbc --cipher_op ENCRYPT --cipher_key 01:02:03:04:05:06:07:08:09:0a:0b:0c:0d:0e:0f:10 --auth_algo sha1-hmac --auth_op GENERATE --auth_key_random_size 64 

0 Kudos

rashmikj
Contributor III

I have made this settings. It runs for around hour and then it stops. I had put few print statements and the problem seems to be on Transmit buffer . After encryption , am not able to see the packet from the port. 

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Are you using LSDK 20.12?

0 Kudos

rashmikj
Contributor III

Am using 20.04 .. Problem got resolved.. I was not freeing the crypto buffers after using them.

Thank you

0 Kudos