Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LX2160 - SR-IOV support for PCIe RC

Jump to solution
sm7777
Contributor II

Hi All,

Does the LX2160A support PCIe SR-IOV when configured in Root Complex mode?  I believe it only supports SR-IOV in EP mode but I'd like clarification for RC mode.

Thanks,

Steve

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SR-IOV is essentially an extension to PCIe Device, refer to PCISIG SR-IOV specification Rev 1.1 Section 1 for details. There are no mandatory features that pertain to RC, therefore no specific support to it is required in RC mode. If you believe otherwise, please ask more specifically, what RC feature you are interested in.

Best Regards,
Platon

View solution in original post

3 Replies
bpe
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

SR-IOV is essentially an extension to PCIe Device, refer to PCISIG SR-IOV specification Rev 1.1 Section 1 for details. There are no mandatory features that pertain to RC, therefore no specific support to it is required in RC mode. If you believe otherwise, please ask more specifically, what RC feature you are interested in.

Best Regards,
Platon

sm7777
Contributor II

Hi @bpe,

After further research, I agree that the RC does not require any additional logic/functionality to support SR-IOV.  Some functions CAN be integrated into the RC HW, such as ARI, but it's optional.

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
sm7777
Contributor II

Thanks @bpe ,

I realize SR-IOV is really an EP feature but I thought the RC has to at least support ARI (Alternate Routing-ID Interpretation) for SR-IOV to function correctly.  Perhaps I'm wrong on this though.  Can you clarify?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos