cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LS1028A] how to create RCW for custom board in Yocto

imuguruza
Contributor III

Hi there,

I would like to understand how should I create the RCW register values for a custom board based on a LS1027A. This board contains differences such as, DDR3L and other peripheral confs/pinmuxes I would like to include (comparing to the LS1028ARDb board).

I am using Yocto-based build using custom layers/recipes to build a new image.

So my question is:

- Should I create a PBL using Code Warrior and some how import it to the Yocto compilation? If so how?

- Or should I use the tools uploaded in CodeAurora for such purposes? For example, I have seen there is this repo. How could I customize the values? Should I create a new .rcw  file for my board? I am not sure If, for instance, I can set DDR3L instead of DDR4 in that .rcw file.

Thanks,

imuguruza

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

LFGP
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
Read the next file it could be a good idea to understand the whole procedure involved to make a board configuration.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/Technology-Days-Training/Learn-from-Our-Experience-Hints-Tips-and-Trick...

On the other hand, the value needed for every field in the RCW, you will find in the LS1028RM Reference Manual. If you have a specific configuration for some other vendor they can provide it in order to include it in your own RCW.

I recommend to use the LSDK v 21 or CodeWarrior to reload the RCW file.
if you want to use Yocto to reload RCW yo have to do next:
i.e.
for RCW changing:

1. bitbake -c cleansstate rcw
2. bitbake -c patch rcw
Change the rcw_1000.rcw file using
the following path:

/QorIQ-SDK-V2.0-20160527-yocto/build_ls1021atwr/tmp/work/ls1021atwr-fsl-linux-gnueabi/rcw/git-r0/git/ls1021atwr/RSR_PPS_70

3. bitbake -c compile rcw
New rcw_1000.bin file should be available in this folder.
0 Kudos