LS1021A TWR Core not responding

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A TWR Core not responding

cpyocum
Contributor III

I am attempting to run the demo bareboard project on an LS1021A TWR. I am using the Codewarrior TAP over Ethernet. It gets to Connecting... (82%), hangs for a while, and then fails with the error:

Error launching LS1021A-Bareboard-core0_RAM_LS1021ATWR_Download
CCSProtocolPlugin : Failed to correctly configure the JTAG chain

After it failed in Codewarrior, I attempted to use `ccs` to figure out why:

Server listening on port: 41475
Clients allowed from all hosts
No clients denied
(bin) 49 % config cc cwtap:192.168.1.111
(bin) 50 % show cc
0: CodeWarrior TAP (cwtap:192.168.1.111) CC software ver. {0.0}
(bin) 51 % ccs::config_chain {ls1020a dap sap2}
LS1020A: Core not responding

I previously had the project working with CMSIS-DAP, so I switched back to that (and adjusted S2:8 appropriately). I got a similar error:

Server listening on port: 41475
Clients allowed from all hosts
No clients denied
(bin) 49 % config cc cmsisdap
Identified CMSIS-DAP SERNUM: 2000020316845E10EB7881E8
Firmware version: 0203
0: CMSIS-DAP (cmsisdap) CC software ver. {0.3}
(bin) 50 % ccs::config_chain {ls1020a dap}
LS1020A: Core not responding
(bin) 51 %

Is it possible that there's something physically wrong with my board? Is there any way for me to get more information about what is going wrong with the JTAG chain? The board is booting in to U-Boot and TinyDistro just fine. I can also boot it off an SD Card that I've configured, but CodeWarrior and JTAG are not working.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

cpyocum
Contributor III

It appears that I had been using an older version of CodeWarrior with the Rev 2.0 version of the board. Searching for the files to support the older revision showed only one set of files, which led me to double check the version. I was unknowingly using the older version because I had failed to update the shortcut I was using to launch the program.

Using CodeWarrior 10.0.9 for ARMv7 fixed the problem.

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Charles Yocum,

I suspect whether you are using LS1021ATWR integrating 1.0 CPU, the latest CodeWarrior for ARMv7 is used for the target with LS1021A 2.0 CPU by default.

Please open u-boot console to check whether the CPU version is 1.0, if yes refer to the following procedure to do the configuration for 1.0 CPU.

Information about processor revision 1
#--------------------------------------------#

To debug a target with this processor revision you must use the CFG file "LS102xA_Rev1_ConfigChain.cfg" that can be found at the location
[CW install path]/ARMv7/ARM_Support/Configuration_Files/jtag_chains/. This file will be imported following the next steps:
1. Open "Debug Configurations..." and select your project;
2. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Connection" from the "Target Settings" view;
3. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Target";
4. Click on the "Edit..." button which can be found next to the drop list called "Target type";
5. Click "Import..." and then "File System..." and select the file specified above and then click OK until you return
to "Hardware or Simulator Target" window;
6. Select in the "Hardware or Simulator Target" window the initialization and memory files from the project;
7. Click OK until you return to "Debug Configurations..." window and click "Debug".

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

cpyocum
Contributor III

Unfortunately, U-Boot says:

CPU:   Freescale LayerScape LS1021E, Version: 2.0, (0x87081120)

So it, at least, thinks I have the version 2.0 CPU. I may attempt the 1.0 configuration anyway, as I have little else to try at this point.

0 Kudos