cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A Ethernet Transmission

swanandpurankar
Contributor III

Hi,

I am trying to transmit Ethernet frame on LS1021A TWR board using RGMII mode.

I followed the initialization process mentioned in the datasheet.

I have created buffer descriptors array (txbd[10]). "bufPtr" points to a data buffer.

I have loaded address of "txbd" in TBASEH and TBASE0 registers and also in TBDBPH.

In TQUEUE register, I have enabled the Queue 0.

And for transmission, I set READY, INTERRUPT (and also, LAST) flag. I was waiting for DMA to read this Buffer, Transmit the data and clear the flag. But nothing happened.

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

swanandpurankar
Contributor III

Problem was in Buffer Descriptors and Buffers.

txbd_struct trasmitbd[TX_BD_COUNT]__attribute__ ((aligned (8))) __attribute__((section (".DMASection")));
rxbd_struct receivebd[RX_BD_COUNT]__attribute__ ((aligned (8))) __attribute__((section (".DMASection")));

U8 u8TransmitBuffer[ETHERNET_BUFFER_SIZE]__attribute__ ((aligned (8))) __attribute__((section (".DMASection")));
U8 u8ReceiveBuffer[ETHERNET_BUFFER_SIZE]__attribute__ ((aligned (8))) __attribute__((section (".DMASection")));

When I moved BDs and Buffers to DMASection, Transmission and Reception started working properly.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. You said "I followed the initialization process mentioned in the datasheet" - could you please describe in details which exactly initialization sequence was performed or point exact place in the document?

2. When eTSEC is enabled, it generates output transmission clock "GTX_CLK" for PHY, please check by scope that this clock is oscillating. Is this clock is not oscillating, please verify input clock is present on GTX_CLK125 input.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

swanandpurankar
Contributor III

I have followed initialization sequence mentioned in LS1021A Reference Manual Rev 1 (06/2016) Table 20-52.

And to transmit the data, I have declared the buffer as mentioned in section 20.9.8.2.

I have edited the question and attached my source code.

Concerned functions are:

vInitRGMIIMode() and vSendEthernetData()

And My Trasmit function is as follows:

u32Temp = (U32) &u32TxBuffer[0];
  SwapEndian(&u32Temp);
  txbd[0].u32BufPtr = u32Temp;
  u32Temp = ((TXBD_LAST | TXBD_INTERRUPT | TXBD_READY) << 16) |  0x80;  //Let's transmit 128 Bytes
  SwapEndian(&u32Temp);
  txbd[0].u32Status = u32Temp;
  vWriteRegister(ETHERNET_TSEC_BASE_ADDR, TSEC_TSTAT, TSTAT_CLEAR_THALT);‍‍‍‍‍‍‍
0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, waiting for response for Question #2 from my initial reply.

0 Kudos