LS1021 TWR board SD boot mode issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021 TWR board SD boot mode issue

vishalingulkar
Contributor I

I am using NXP towerboard for LS1021 development. - TWR-LS1021A.

I have written driver for SD Card access.

With boot mode using NOR flash (SW2.1 ON), I am able to run my SDHC driver code successfully.

When I switch to SD card boot mode (SW2.1 OFF and SW2.3 ON), my driver code fails.

After debugging I found that, when I switched to SD boot mode, SDHC Present Status (PRSSTAT) Register value changes to 0x0F800008 from 0x0F8D0008.So after switching to SD boot mode, CINS bit of PRSSTAT register becomes "0" which indicates card is not connected and WPS bit of PRSSTAT register becomes "0" which indicates card is write protected. So such check conditions in my driver code returns error. If I avoid these conditions driver code runs successfully.

I have systech evalution board also, on which this code works fine.

So seems there is some hardware issue ?

Is anyone aware of such issue ?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

vishalingulkar
Contributor I

Hello Pavel,

Thanks for your reply.

SD Boot works fine.

Yes, I do have problem when I use SD Boot mode.
I assume that Problem is with the development board I am using. (TWR-LS1021A)

When I switch to SD Bood Mode, Card detect (CD)signal and Write Protect signal (WPS)of SD card becomes LOW.

Where as with other boot option, Card detect (CD)signal and Write Protect signal (WPS)of SD card HIGH.

In Ideal condition, when card is inserted in slot CD pin should be high.

And WPS = 1, indicates card is not write protected.

Hope I clear my quetion.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP SDK supports SD boot. See the Section 4.4.4.7 of the SDK 2.0-1703 documentation:

Is there problem for booting on your board if SD u-boot is used?

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos