cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A QuadSPI to 4 data lines

justinjonas
Contributor III

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone knows how I can change the PBI commands to allow me to use the QuadSPI in 4 data line mode instead of just 2? I am using an LS1012A.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

The PBL performs pre-boot initialization (PBI), if enabled by RCW, by reading data right from the QuadSPI interface only.  So I do not think you should use the PBI commands to allow using the QuadSPI in 4 data line mode. You can enable QSPI_A_DATA2, QSPI_A_DATA3 in the reset configuration word  (set RCW[QSPI_IIC2]= 10). Or your QSPI driver can enable these signals in the Pinmux control register (PMUXCR0) in the CCSR space. This register contains bits to change the QuadSPI pin multiplexing .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

justinjonas
Contributor III

In the QorIQ LS1012A Reference Manual, Rev. 0, 01/2017, it says the following:

25.1.4 QuadSPI boot initialization sequence

QSPI_A_CS0 is used for boot initialization. QuadSPI is only accessed in 1-bit mode and

at low speed for RCW/PBI fetch. See Table 25-4 for the RCW or PBI frequency of

QuadSPI during this phase.

PBI can reconfigure the QuadSPI to either higher frequency or 2-/4-bit mode as required

for the QuadSPI boot to occur faster.

Is it not true that the "PBI can reconfigure the QuadSPI to either higher frequency?

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos