Is there a way to configure an NXP T1040 to start when power is applied to the box?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to configure an NXP T1040 to start when power is applied to the box?

jharano
Contributor I

I work in an environment where the development boxes (T1040) are located in a different part of the building.  Occasionally I'll get the box locked up and the only way to recover is to do a physical reset.  We have the T1040 connected to a smart PDU so I can toggle the power remotely but the T1040 still has to be turned on physically by pressing the power switch.  Is there a configuration setting that will make the T1040 power on when power is applied to the box effectively bypassing the need to press the power switch?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

jharano
Contributor I

Alexander,

I received a direct reply from Pavel.  It turns out that we can make a hardware modification to our board (T1040D4RDB) to effectively mimic a press of the power button.  It requires cutting the green wire (pin 14 on J37) and taking that wire to ground.  We have mad this modification of several boxes and it works great!

Thanks for your post.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm quite sure Pavel said this explicitly, but just to emphasize - this kind of board modification can be done for your own risk only, we are not responsible for proper board operation after this type custom modification and, therefore, we cannot offer these type suggestions officially in this public forum.

0 Kudos

jharano
Contributor I

Quite true, we understand the risk.

Jean Harano, CISSP

9970 Federal Drive. Phone: (719) 277-4497

Colorado Springs, CO 80921 Mail to: jean.harano@lmco.com<mailto:jean.harano@lmco.com>

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ~ Albert Pike<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/69103.Albert_Pike>

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are two T1040 boards - QDS and RDB. Which board you are using?

0 Kudos

jharano
Contributor I

Hi Alexander,

We are using the T1040RDB in a server rack.

Jean Harano, CISSP

9970 Federal Drive. Phone: (719) 277-4497

Colorado Springs, CO 80921 Mail to: jean.harano@lmco.com<mailto:jean.harano@lmco.com>

“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” ~ Albert Pike<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/69103.Albert_Pike>

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry for delayed response.

As far as I can see from board schematic, power switch is done as hardware circuit and there is no easy way to make it permanently enabled. See page 32 of the schematic, bottom left part.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jharano
Contributor I

T1040RDB is the board we have.

0 Kudos