Is there a more recent Yocto kernel available for FRDM-1012A board? The SDK v2.0-1703 has a kernel version circa Nov 2015.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a more recent Yocto kernel available for FRDM-1012A board? The SDK v2.0-1703 has a kernel version circa Nov 2015.

bharatsastri
Contributor I

The Yocto kernel in the Linux SDK v.2.0 -1703 is version 4.1 Nov 2015. Will the SDK be updated to include the latest 4.9 Kernel and the updated BSP?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Bharat Sastri,

The SDK development team is going to release SDK including Kernel 4.4 soon, and planning to release SDK including Kernel 4.9 in September.

The user could choose Kernel 4.9 in the Upstream Open Source, however LS1012 is a new platform, probably the latest patches have not been all pushed to the Upstream.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bharatsastri
Contributor I

Thank you!

Bharat Sastri

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos