IRQ11 on an LS1023a

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRQ11 on an LS1023a

danlenz
Contributor II

I am trying to use IRQ11 on an LS1023a as an external interrupt source. I am able to hook a handler to interrupt #11 successfully in my driver as shown:

ret = request_irq(11, fpga_irq_handler, IRQF_NO_SUSPEND | IRQF_TRIGGER_HIGH , "video_driver", NULL);

But I fail to see any interrupt actually reaching the handler despite driving the IRQ11 pin with a pulse train.

Table 5-1 in the QorIQ LS1043A Reference Manual states that IRQ11 is mapped to internal interrupt number 183. NR_IRQS is defined as 64 however so request_irq(183,...) fails. What is the relationship between the the IRQ number and the internal interrupt number? What number should I be passing to request_irq()?

• I have confirmed that my RCW is set to configure this pin as an IRQ.
  • My pulse is positive going the corresponding bit in my SCFG_INTPCR is set to zero.
  • I have tried probe_irq_on()/probe_irq_off()
  • I have tried manually probing for all values in the range of 0-NR_IRQS for which request_irq() succeeds

Is there something else require to enable this interrupt that I am missing? Do I need to access the GIC registers manually to enable them or can I count on the GICv2 driver to handler all of that for me? 

I'm stuck - any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

See attached files.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

This thread is continued as a private discussion with the submitter,
NXP support is not following the thread anymore.

0 Kudos

danlenz
Contributor II

Pavel - I do not see any information in the LSDK user guide about accessing interrupts via sysfs - can you elaborate or refer me to an example of how you think this might solve my problem? Also - my issues does not relate to affinity - I do not care which CPU the interrupt is reported to so that link is of no help to me either.

Dan

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP SDK supports sysfs for GPIO using

Is there problem for using interrupt from this pin under sysfs?

Look at interrupts on your board using interrupt affinity:

https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/IRQ-affinity.txt

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos