cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S Master Clock, on the LS1012A as external signal

Jump to solution
emagnioj
Contributor II

about I2S Master Clock, on the LS1012A there is the SAI_MCLK reported in the group of the External Signals but i m not able to find a SAI_MCLK pin or an Audio Master Clock externally feeded. see page 982 of the LS1012A reference manual.

Does it mean that i cannot supply an external MCLK and the Audio Master Clock is generated only from the internal PLL?

On page 990 there is the MSEL register with Option 1, Option 2 and Option 3 for the MCLK where can i find info about these option?

Thank you!
Domenico

0 Kudos
1 Solution
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I see that the LS1012A manual I2S chapter is inherited from the general I2S block document. It includes some general options which are not implemented on the LS1012A. The LS1012A does not have a SAI_MCLK pin. On page 979 the manual says
 “The SAI audio modules are clocked with the platform clock/2. For the clock requirements other than this, the external SAI clocks (SAIn_TX_BCLK and SAIn_RX_BCLK) can be configured as inputs to the system.”
 “All SAI modules support only the slave mode”.

Table 21-2. I2Sx_TCR2/I2Sx_RCR2[MSEL] field description says that MSEL “will take no effect when configured for an externally generated bit clock”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

I see that the LS1012A manual I2S chapter is inherited from the general I2S block document. It includes some general options which are not implemented on the LS1012A. The LS1012A does not have a SAI_MCLK pin. On page 979 the manual says
 “The SAI audio modules are clocked with the platform clock/2. For the clock requirements other than this, the external SAI clocks (SAIn_TX_BCLK and SAIn_RX_BCLK) can be configured as inputs to the system.”
 “All SAI modules support only the slave mode”.

Table 21-2. I2Sx_TCR2/I2Sx_RCR2[MSEL] field description says that MSEL “will take no effect when configured for an externally generated bit clock”.

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!